Discussion: NYT: GOP Memo Reveals Rosenstein Approved Surveillance Of Carter Page

19 Likes

These treasionweasels need to burn.

I went down a few rabbit holes this weekend and even if a small fraction of the activities alleged are true then there are going to be a shit ton of GOoPers (and others) going down in flames.

If you want to have your hair set on fire then read some stuff at patribotics.com. Gadzooks!

Ohhh - it’s Louise Mensch. Ok - that source has taken a beating over time and I’m unsure these days whether she’s dialed in or making stuff up. In any event it’s gripping reading.

6 Likes

Oh, dear. It looks like Rosenstein is in for (another) few distressing days.

8 Likes

From the NYT article:

No information has publicly emerged that the Justice Department or the F.B.I. did anything improper while seeking the surveillance warrant involving Mr. Page.

That’s true.

It is difficult to judge whether Republicans’ criticism of the surveillance has merit.

That’s not true.

34 Likes

The secret memo — which has pushed Republican members of the House to demand its release — reportedly claims that officials did not tell an intelligence court judge that they were partially relying on information from the Christopher Steele dossier in order to obtain the warrant.

There may be instances when someone seeking a FISA warrant could fill a small book with the jusitfications for one being authorized. Failing to cite the Steele dossier means nothing if the FISA warrant was issued with the FISA court determining what they were presented was sufficient, whether knowingly or unknowingly independent of Steele dossier information.
27 Likes

You know you’re in it up to your earlobes when CARTER PAGE is the hill you choose to die on.

59 Likes

How willfully ignorant are Faux News viewers and Republican’t voters? They are demanding that the government, which the Republican’t Party owns outright, release the memo, which Republican’ts could do at any time because they control the government outright, and have whipped up a frothy mixture of Santorum implying that it is somehow the Democrats and the Deep State who are preventing the memo’s release. WOW! That’s Inception to the infinity power levels of derp…

19 Likes

Well, I am very amused, because I’m expecting a 445 page “memo” to be released by Page in response to this news.

Which reminds me, quite tangentially but on an important topic—why aren’t we hearing more about Assange’s shocking Holocaust denials?

5 Likes

But seemingly, the entire sphere of Russian Interference and Collusion and obstruction is wiped clean by this startling proposition. Carter Page and poof it is gone.

7 Likes

As far as I can tell the scam works better if the memo isn’t released, since the seeming guilty reluctance contributes to the impression of an anti-Trump “deep state” cabal. The Republicans are the government right now and if they really wanted this crap released they could certainly redact it or whatever’s necessary for security purposes. Wouldn’t be the first time this cast of characters has breathlessly run about pretending it’s discovered some shocking new evidence of no puppet no puppet you’re the puppet.

40 Likes

Carter Page. That boy should never be let anywhere near a secret. A cat has more self discipline and brights.

2 Likes

Yep the GOP is either trying to find excuse to fire him or trying to force him to resign…see what hanging are republicans get u when u try to do ur job

Well fox viewers are low information voters which they can easily confuse…that’s why some of them actually think Hillary is potus

4 Likes

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd here’s the latest distraction:

1 Like

It was a green light to EXTEND the surveillance.
It has nothing to do with the reason why it was started to begin with. It isn’t a game were a person gets to run to some free zone.

13 Likes

I want to see the proof. My gut says the right wingers extremis put this in there so it would give Trump an excuse to fire Rosenstein, and appoint someone else that would shut down Mueller. Wouldn’t that kind of surveillance of a US citizen require a warrant from the FISA court?

5 Likes

The secret memo — which has pushed Republican members of the House to demand its release — reportedly claims that officials did not tell an intelligence court judge that they were partially relying on information from the Christopher Steele dossier in order to obtain the warrant.

This literally makes no sense. If you don’t tell the judge, then by definition you are not relying on it to obtain the warrant.

12 Likes

Gee, then I guess all this commotion about Trump’s campaign being in bed with Russian intelligence must be true.

3 Likes

"O sole, o sole mio
Sta nfronte a te, sta nfronte a te!"

5 Likes

Do the Republicans really want to bring the Steele intel back into the public eye? Team Mueller has been quietly verifying the factual basis for the claims. The Nunes Gang make the Keystone Cops look like Seal Team 6.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available