Discussion: Not A Dog-Whistle But A Bullhorn: Steve King Says ‘Diversity Is Not Our Strength’

Interesting social history there, thanks.

Clowns like King seem completely unaware that the Irish were viewed by a good portion of 19th century Americans in the same way he views Hispanics and Muslims.

6 Likes

Wow. I really shocked that Steve King said this. Iowans must be proud.

2 Likes

The GOPers have converted to communism, folks! Its all detailed in their Tax bills and their unwillingness to fund the federal government to provide needed services to the Citizens of the United States!

And Steve King takes the lead (for today anyway) from Louie Gohmert as Dumbest Man in Congress!

Note that he’s retweeting one of Gorka’s fellow travelers.

1 Like

The Iowa Republican congressman known for his racially insensitive rhetoric tweeted on Friday that “diversity is not our strength.”

For the Republican Party, i whole heartedly agree. Embracing or practicing diversity is not their strength.

1 Like

Now-now. In the spirit of inclusion we should acknowledge that it takes a village of idiots to destroy a once-great nation. We can agree to include all Republicans in that category.

2 Likes

It’s clearly the strength of the US. Who do we think King is referring to when he says “our,” though?

1 Like

He’s exhibit A for what happens when your father didn’t vet his surrogates for familial ties.

2 Likes

King’s a fake Patriot just like Bone Spur Trump. He dodged the Viet Nam War through a series of student deferments. After receiving a high draft lottery number, he quit college without fear of being drafted.

I grew up in Iowa, Before redistricting, King represented my home town. King’s an embarrassment and blot on the state. My Mom, a one time rock ribbed Republican who became a Dem late in life, couldn’t stand stand him.

2 Likes

Between this and his obvious love for Viktor Orban, I would say that Steve King probably feels most patriotic towards Mother Russia.

Enter donnie

2 Likes

Here’s a new entry in the annals of Steve King.

I see what you did there…

This is slightly OT but still on Mother Russia, tickled the shit out of me.

3 Likes

I was just starting Richard Evans’ “The Coming of the Third Reich” the other night, and I happened to highlight this:

Same scumbag ideas, different word. Instead of “Jew” it’s “diversity.”

5 Likes

“Our” in this case means the whitest people of the whitest state in the country and the whitest district he represents.

@tena Now I’m really laughing.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Donald J.Trump slurred his speech during his announcement about Jerusalem on Wednesday because of “low-battery issues” with Vladimir Putin’s remote, the White House said on Friday.

Speaking to the White House press corps, the press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said that Trump’s slurred speech was “a case of what happens when President Putin doesn’t change the batteries in his remote frequently enough.”

“President Trump makes public appearances several times a day,” Sanders said. “In the course of those appearances, President Putin’s remote can drain its battery very quickly.”

Calling Putin’s remote-control operation of Trump “far from glitch-free,” Sanders said that there have also been problems with the Russian leader’s attempts to control Trump’s thumbs when he tweets in the early-morning hours.

“Sometimes President Putin has tried to operate President Trump’s thumbs and there has been the same low-battery issue,” she said. “This has resulted in random capital letters, misspellings, and, in some cases, gibberish.”

Sanders scolded the press for speculating that Trump’s slurred speech was the result of problems with dentures or his brain. “We are working with tech support to resolve the issue,” she said.

@irasdad

4 Likes

That is good. hahahaha

It’s increasingly looking like that whole bleeping ‘party’ has aligned itself with the nouveau-Soviets.

1 Like

That reminds me of the “Bush Pilot” video that some Germans made shortly after George W. took office. I was thinking they needed to make a sequel.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available