Discussion: North Korea's Missile Advances Stresses Pentagon's Defenses

“We should be worried,” said Philip E. Coyle III, a former head of the Pentagon’s test and evaluation office. North Korea’s latest success, he said, “shows that time is not on our side.”

Translation. “Give us even more boatloads of cash.”

“The Trump administration, like its recent predecessors, has put its money on finding a diplomatic path to halting and reversing North Korea’s nuclear program.”

LOLOLOL!!

Ok, first off, Trump NEVER puts HIS money on anything. But since its metaphorically referencing US Tax dollars, I guess I’ll let that one slide. But only because of the bigger, bold face lie here.

Diplomatic paths are nonexistent when you don’t have a diplomatic corps. Or a State department. And every action Trump has taken regarding North Korea is saber rattling, and falsely threatening them with Chinese action, that China has absolutely no interest in taking.

The really cool thing about nuclear weapons is they make war impossible, in terms of survival and yes Punkytrump, winning. Sociopathic great leaders and their psycophant supporters stubbornly plunge further into MADness. The sure truth is we will never reach the stars if we fail to achieve peace on this planet.

The Trump administration, like its recent predecessors, has put its money on finding a diplomatic path to halting and reversing North Korea’s nuclear program.

Every time I read an article about US missile defense, I’m left with the impression that this program is in it’s infancy. In fact, the missile defense program was started by Ronald Reagan (then called ‘Star Wars’) and is more than 30 years old. Of course, the program has changed and been renamed many times in those 30 years giving the impression of always being new. This is handy to ice over decades of failure. In the wake of 9/11, the Bushies ramped up spending (again) forcing the deployment of interceptors which at that point had never successfully worked.

An interesting article for someone at TPM would be to trace the spending and history of the missile defense program since Ronald Reagan. Spending must have topped $100B by now.