Discussion: No Pivot Here: Trump Asks, Why Would I Tone It Down When I'm 'Winning?'

Since a large proportion of telephones are now cell phones, and they have their area code of origin not of current location, the day that RDD works is gone. My 3 children all live in locales in which their area codes are no longer local. I am likely (hopefully) moving soon, and will probably again have an area code not aligned with my locale. Especially this is true in the highly educated class, who are highly mobile. We are polled often, from politicians in states we used to live in. We happily answer and have no idea what Tammy Duckworth will make of our responses.

I think I’ve cracked the code.

Donnie thinks that each rally is a new primary, and since nearly everyone there is on his side, he “wins”

Full rallies = winning

That would explain soooo much.

1 Like

“Why should we turn to avoid that iceberg? Don’t you know the Titanic is unsinkable?”

“Why should I tone it down when I’m winning?”

Famous last words.

3 Likes

It’s spelled w-h-i-n-i-n-g.

2 Likes

Tom Servo and Crow should moderate one debate.

Must be the Trump definition of winning:

“Losing, while never having to say you’re sorry.”

It can be as small as you need it to be.

It’s even smaller than that.

Like^Googleplex

provided you include Gypsy on the moderators panel.

Not necessarily, but pollsters have to add screening questions. Good ones do add them (e.g., “Are you still registered to vote in Ohio?”). Like your children, I live (and I am registered to vote) more than a thousand miles from the nearest boundary to my area code.

What this has done is to make area codes and exchange prefixes useless as geographic stratification variables for cell phones. Increasing numbers of land-lines are really VOIP lines (e.g., MagicJack) and are similarly not tied to the area code/exchange prefix system.

This doesn’t make RDD useless, but it does render it less efficient for geographically limited surveys.

Please proceed, Jerkoff.

Trump Suggests Clinton Meet Violent End

“You’ve seen the quote. It speaks for itself. But remember this. For Donald
Trump, life is about domination. There are dominators and the dominated.
Right now he’s being dominated, beaten, humiliated. That may be fun to
watch if you’re a Democrat. It’s not fun for him. That psychic injury
will drive escalating reactions.”- Josh Marshall

And according to the article trump thinks he is winning… He should take a look at fivethirtyeight.com or realclearpolitics.com for an eye opener.

Denial is what separates us from “the animals” some say. I’ve heard is said. Many are saying it you know. Some are writing it.
As for escalating reactions… I think this was an attempt to upstage the Olympics coverage.

What will really stick in trump’s craw will be this inescapable unspinable fact that he will lose…and lose badly to a very accomplished and tough as nails woman. Trump will have his ass handed to him by a woman. That fact will be a very very good thing in chez darrtown.

1 Like

Note to RNC: Ignore maximus. Keep your fluffer around to make sure he continues to believe that, like golf, the lowest score does mean you’re winning.

And the motion of the ocean really does mean more than the size of the ship.

(ship = bank account)

Don’t go tryin’
some new fashion
Don’t change the color of your hair…uuuuuh

He must’ve taken the Charlie Sheen course on winning, after drinking tiger blood.
If one thing is likeable about Donald J is that he’s always going to say he’s winning because he’s not a loser (in his mind).

Only in the realm of a mad god is Frumpt winning.

He went right back to the lunacy today when the campaign let him off leash.

He feeds off the boos and cheers of the crowd that comes to hear him make lunatic statements. The teleprompter speeches don’t give him that kind of feedback so he is “low energy.”

Please remind ourselves that a lot can happen and Trump’s unpredictability can change the dynamic along with other factors. Let’s not assume Trump is losing. He won’t show Tax Returns and is getting away with this. He will NOT debate Clinton because he knows he’d be humiliated and will use any excuse to avoid debates. He will continue to say the election is “rigged” to act as insurance against a loss and thererby allow him and other hardcore GOPers to deligitimize Clinton if she wins. He will continue to use Birther tactics should he lose and continue slandering Hillary. And lets not forget that this man is a desperate and ruthless sicko who is a functioning psychopath who knows how to control and distort.
We need to encourage support to Clinton and to push for getting out the vote which is key.

Dammit all you people do is complain about Tronald! The man’s a GOD! A scaly feathered Aztec god but still a GOD!! Is he winning? Damn right he’s winning … the hearts and minds of people allergic to melanin.

You losers just wait till Tronald enters his pupa stage, yeah, that’s it! When he emerges transformed on the eve of the election he will immediately fly into one of those bug zappers (one that’s gold within filigree highlights) and sputter and roast. Tragic but mucho Presidential.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available