Discussion: No Pivot Here: Trump Asks, Why Would I Tone It Down When I'm 'Winning?'

Methinks that the ‘winning’ that Trump keeps referencing isn’t the election, it’s the scam.
He can’t keep his gob shut for shit and he’s just spilling the beans on the real deal here.
He’s underfucking the whole system just to win by losing.

If he comes out a million dollars ahead, he’ll call that a win and damn the torpedoes.

Donald is trying to cut back on long-distance calls to Moscow, the home office.

This lesson is hard, Allie. Changes in technology have made political polling much more difficult. Every result we get is re-weighted to compensate for cellular penetration, to re-balance the same demographically, and so forth.

I think the day is rapidly approaching when we can no longer rely on random-digit-dialed (RDD) surveys. We have the technology now to get rid of RDD but the alternative is going to be much more expensive. One of these elections, someone is going to bite the bullet and spend the bucks: the results will be much like Literary Digest vs George Gallup in the 1936 Presidential Election. Doing it right will win most of the time.

but it’s smaller than that.

Former GOP EPA heads endorse Clinton: Trump ‘would set the world back decades’

Donald Trump would threaten the environmental legacy of presidents Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon and George H.W. Bush, according to two former Environmental Protection Agency chiefs from their administrations.

“Republicans have a long history of support for the environment dating back to Theodore Roosevelt. Donald Trump threatens to destroy that legacy of respect for the environment and protection of public health,” William D. Ruckelshaus and William K. Reilly said in a statement endorsing Hillary Clinton’s campaign Tuesday.

3 Likes

Clinton scores major GOP donor from Trump

Former MGM CEO says Trump is unfit and, as a conservative, Clinton is his choice.

Hillary Clinton on Tuesday added another name to the rapidly growing list of major Republican donors she has taken away from GOP nominee Donald Trump – former MGM CEO Harry Sloan.

Sloan is a mainstay of Republican fundraising, having served on national finance committees for John McCain and Mitt Romney. As the 2016 election got underway, he signed on with John Kasich.

4 Likes

Typical libtard media refusing to report that next week he’s going to reveal his team of eight Chads to join the six Steves.

1 Like

Nov 9 is looking like a bad day in the Donald Trump kingdom. Make sure that all the ropes are put in the garage or under the control of the poolboy, Melania. And get that gun from the yardman and out of sight…

1 Like

Since a large proportion of telephones are now cell phones, and they have their area code of origin not of current location, the day that RDD works is gone. My 3 children all live in locales in which their area codes are no longer local. I am likely (hopefully) moving soon, and will probably again have an area code not aligned with my locale. Especially this is true in the highly educated class, who are highly mobile. We are polled often, from politicians in states we used to live in. We happily answer and have no idea what Tammy Duckworth will make of our responses.

I think I’ve cracked the code.

Donnie thinks that each rally is a new primary, and since nearly everyone there is on his side, he “wins”

Full rallies = winning

That would explain soooo much.

1 Like

“Why should we turn to avoid that iceberg? Don’t you know the Titanic is unsinkable?”

“Why should I tone it down when I’m winning?”

Famous last words.

3 Likes

It’s spelled w-h-i-n-i-n-g.

2 Likes

Tom Servo and Crow should moderate one debate.

Must be the Trump definition of winning:

“Losing, while never having to say you’re sorry.”

It can be as small as you need it to be.

It’s even smaller than that.

Like^Googleplex

provided you include Gypsy on the moderators panel.

Not necessarily, but pollsters have to add screening questions. Good ones do add them (e.g., “Are you still registered to vote in Ohio?”). Like your children, I live (and I am registered to vote) more than a thousand miles from the nearest boundary to my area code.

What this has done is to make area codes and exchange prefixes useless as geographic stratification variables for cell phones. Increasing numbers of land-lines are really VOIP lines (e.g., MagicJack) and are similarly not tied to the area code/exchange prefix system.

This doesn’t make RDD useless, but it does render it less efficient for geographically limited surveys.

Please proceed, Jerkoff.

Trump Suggests Clinton Meet Violent End

“You’ve seen the quote. It speaks for itself. But remember this. For Donald
Trump, life is about domination. There are dominators and the dominated.
Right now he’s being dominated, beaten, humiliated. That may be fun to
watch if you’re a Democrat. It’s not fun for him. That psychic injury
will drive escalating reactions.”- Josh Marshall

And according to the article trump thinks he is winning… He should take a look at fivethirtyeight.com or realclearpolitics.com for an eye opener.

Denial is what separates us from “the animals” some say. I’ve heard is said. Many are saying it you know. Some are writing it.
As for escalating reactions… I think this was an attempt to upstage the Olympics coverage.

What will really stick in trump’s craw will be this inescapable unspinable fact that he will lose…and lose badly to a very accomplished and tough as nails woman. Trump will have his ass handed to him by a woman. That fact will be a very very good thing in chez darrtown.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available