Discussion: NH Union Leader Doesn't Endorse GOP Nominee For First Time In A Century

1 Like

They just can’t quite face reality, can they? Baby steps, I guess.

2 Likes

Johnson? Holy smokes… literally!

BFD, a vote for Johnson IS a vote for Drumpf…

2 Likes

His editorial board wrote that Johnson and running mate Bill Weld were “intelligent, competent, experienced executives” in a stark contrast to the “horrible candidates” running on the major party tickets.

3 Likes

Endorsed The Libertarian, want more failed trickle down. This may be the year we realize the ignorance of the nation’s newspapers.

2 Likes

Trump arrives in the Granite State on Thursday to hold a rally at a middle school in Laconia.

I wonder if the Union Leader will be allowed in.

His editorial board wrote that Johnson and running mate Bill Weld were “intelligent, competent, experienced executives” in a stark contrast to the “horrible candidates” running on the major party tickets.

someone help out here, I got nothing…

side-note1 and the Washington Post’s take on that development.

1 Like

Back during the primaries Trump trashed them with his usual invectives. "Failing newspaper etc.

all of em will…that [game][1] is reportedly over with…
[1]: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-media-idUSKCN11D1UG

Another “rigged” editorial board.

1 Like

Not in NH. Here, Johnson will take votes from the GOP.

2 Likes

That would be great. Is Ayotte gonna survive?

To be fair, for more than a century, the “Union Leader” has not been a union leader, either.

His editorial board wrote that Johnson and running mate Bill Weld were “intelligent, competent, experienced executives

I guess there are different standards for intelligence and competence in New Hampshire. Presumably, that’s why they need 400 representatives in their House of Representatives.

2 Likes

“labeled Clinton a “selfish, self-centered, sanctimonious prig.””

Teatroll Rosetta Stone: “Women shouldn’t be all acting up, like they knows stuff, and telling the menfolk what’s what.”

And I have to say, as a born and bred Masshole, I CAN’T FUCKING STAND NH POLITICS. Say what you want about the southern and midwestern places like SC and NC and LA and TX and OK, but to my mind, the entire Teatroll Tantrum was tailor made for the political mentality of NH. They make me sick to my brain.

"His editorial board wrote that Johnson and running mate Bill Weld were “intelligent, competent, experienced executives”

Who can’t find didn’t know Aleppo is on the map.

1 Like

Writing that Trump is not “qualified to competently lead this nation,”…

Trump is not qualified to competently lead the Mermaid Parade. Good for the Union-Leader for not endorsing the Worst Candidate Ever.

1 Like

“In a pair of editorials published Wednesday by New Hampshire Union Leader publisher Joseph McQuaid and the editorial board, the newspaper endorsed Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson for president”

“Good news, Governor Johnson! You received an endorsement from the NH Union Leader!”
“What’s an ‘endorsement’?”

2 Likes

That’s two, Dallas and NH.