Discussion: Newsmax Set To Challenge Fox News With Channel For 'Disenfranchised Baby Boomers'

Discussion for article #223294

You mean, kinda like “The AARP meets Glenn Beck channel”?

5 Likes

Look at their ad in the lower right hand column of this page and it tells you all you need to know about Newsmax programming.

Is it possible to binge watch boner pill commercials? What happens when you have pop up polls to rate the Kenyan Muslim Usurper? Click here!

8 Likes

And this is exactly why Republicanism is dying. Now there’s yet another place for conservatives to consume bullshit, to enclose Republican voters even further into their ideological bubble of utter nonsense, and to force Republican pols to take increasingly extreme positions. This doesn’t at all help the Republican Party or spread their message, it just helps to further radicalize their already batshit voters.

17 Likes

Word. “a kinder, gentler Fox?” You don’t have to spend more than one minute on NewsMax to know that it’s loonier yet far less sophisticated than Fox, if that’s possible. If Fox is your loutish, obnoxious Uncle-in-Law spouting rampant dumb at family picnics, NewsMax is the weird hoarder down the street who pickets city hall to complain about fluoride being a Commie plot to weaken our manly juices.

17 Likes

Us magazine is targeted at folks who find People magazine too substantive.

14 Likes

So they’re going to disguise propaganda as news, instead of peddling propaganda as propaganda like Faux does.

6 Likes

“an audience of more than 80 million disenfranchised Baby Boomers.”

The truly disenfranchised Baby Boomers are the ones who demonstrated against the Vietnam War, hated Nixon, supported Civil Rights legislation, hailed the creation and intent of the EPA, knew that there were no WMDs in Iraq, believed George W. Bush was installed by a Supreme Court putsch, and support putting Dick Cheney on trial for war crimes.

25 Likes

“Disenfranchised Baby Boomer” has to be the biggest oxymoron ever.

11 Likes

Bahahahaha…GOP Outreach…I wonder if Reince will have his own show “Amateur Hour: With the Hashtag Commando”

5 Likes

On the upside, this could be the beginning of the end of Fox News. Till now, they’ve had the crazy demo to themselves, this could start fracturing along similar lines to the GOP/TP issues.

Be nice to see them get wailed on from the right.

7 Likes

Its so cute that they think they are nicer, and more reasonable than Fox.

5 Likes

Great news. Fox has become a liberal haven and is now in Obama, Reid and Pelosi’s pocket spreading Marxist dogma.

(probably a tweet or post on a message board like that somewhere made without irony.)

7 Likes

I listened to shortwave radio in the 80s and 90s. It was a hobby in decline even then and often populated by anti-Semites and racists hollering into the night about the coming civil war-- and, of course, hawking GOLD and canned water for your bunker.

Fox just basically took that formula and encoded the rants for cable TV.

11 Likes

I’m sure they do feel “disenfranchised” with the Obummer in the WH.

3 Likes

Bandwidth is a terrible thing to waste.

4 Likes

Teabagger TV:

Fuck it, we’ll do it live!

9 Likes

They plan to dull the senses before slipping in the needle.

4 Likes

After reading D. K. Goodwin’s book ‘The Bully Pulpit’, I really believe that there is a hungry market out there for real investigative journalism that is not ‘fair and balanced’, but HONEST. Pulls no punches. Tells it like it is and calls out liars no matter who is lying. Sadly, I don’t think there is a cable channel, newspaper or magazine that is like that out there right now. Maybe AlJazeera, I dunno. This country needs honest investigative journalism. NewsMax is not that. If I was a billionaire, I’d buy CNN, shut it down for 6 months, then restart it with my dream in mind.

4 Likes

I was just thinking to myself this morning, “wow, what this country needs is another conservative media source!”

7 Likes