Discussion: New York GOP Chair Ed Cox Accused Of Voter Fraud

Discussion for article #222735

This isn’t Nixon’s son-in-law, is it?

4 Likes

Unless records prove he has also voted with a registration at his NYC address, I see no problem here. Not sure how that works for his wife who has no claim to a long familial association with the Long Island estate.

LD

2 Likes

Yes - one and the same.

1 Like

This is a tad of a reach on the part of NY Dems.

Shocked. I am shocked, I tell you. head shakes in disbelief

1 Like

True - although it does expose a degree of hypocrisy (They are so ready to accuse “those people” of fraudulent voting and then play a little loose with the rules themselves.)

5 Likes

Well, they do have a point, and it’s a bit more concrete than the Will-O’-The-Wisp Benghazi/IRS/Nameyourscandal fiction the rethugs have proffered. Having said that, I don’t see this going far.

If one looks up my address on the voter roll, you will find two people registered at this address–myself and one other. The conclusion would be that two people actually live here–but only one has owned and occupied this home since 1992. The other individual apparently has some deep familial attachment. I am told it is not voting fraud due to this deep attachment–and that attachment has never been explained to me.

Being sole owner and occupant of this residence since 1992, I do not agree that some deep attachment formed prior to 1992 provides anyone the right to attach to this property. Courts be damned on this issue. Vote where you are currently planted. (And if you are military, homeless, etc., then these election boards need to come up with a way to handle it rather than attaching anyone to a legitimate address.)

I agree with the NY Democrats on this one.

6 Likes

He was the co-star of Tricia’s Wedding, 1971.

Has anyone thought to check his voter ID?

2 Likes

Butbutbut, Voter Fraud only comes from Leftist Nazi IslamoACORN Benghazi Gay Soros Space Aliens!

5 Likes

SEE LIBTARDS VOTER FRAUD IS REAL!!!111one!!!fuck!!!3

1 Like

How disingenuous. Cox knows damn well that his personal definition of “home” does not jive with the meaning as regards voting laws.

It is (typical of that party when caught at something) a true" children’s excuse".

3 Likes

This is ridiculous. Unless there is duplicate voting, why is it so important where he votes? If he has an ancestral house there, fine. I own a house in WI and also in another state. I am seriously considering registering to vote in WI. I own the house.

Any idea what address he claims for tax purposes? This may be more importantly a tax avoidance scheme than one having to do with voting.

5 Likes

Exactly what reasons do you have for this guy being able to vote in local elections when he does not live there? How many folks are able to influence local elections when they do not actually live there? And in your eyes this is not fraud?

5 Likes

The Repubs should be happy. They’ve been looking hard for instances of voter fraud.

5 Likes

Most people in the military for one example. It is quite common practice for career military personnel to keep residence in a state while being stationed all over the country/world for 20+ years, and voting in that state’s elections.

Privileged behavior…it’s the conservative way!

4 Likes