Discussion: New York AG Says He Will Sue Trump Amin. If POTUS Ends DACA

California is home to the largest number: nearly 223,000 and an estimated 118,000 to 130,000 live in Southern California.

Dreamers are our friends and neighbors, our employers and employees, and enemies of this illegal regime.

10 Likes

Since when does Rump care about lawsuits or court orders? Just ignore the court and get a pardon. Sheriff Joe will help fill out the application.

1 Like

In addition, if the courts do a balance of harms test, I donā€™t see how any State is harmed by keeping DACA in place. States lose a lot of money if DACA is nixed. The harm to DACA folks of deportation is incalculable.

2 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

What is the legal reasoning for the Repuke AGā€™s threatened suit if he doesnā€™t end DACA? If Texas AG Paxton is on board, you can be sure that he is on the wrong side of the law. He always is.

1 Like

Win or lose, this is a State thatā€™s doing what it can.

1 Like

Several Republicans in Congress have voiced their opposition to Trumpā€™s reported decision to end DACA and pledged to pass legislation restoring DACA.

Oh, please. Possibly in the Senate new Dreamer law might fly but in the House? I donā€™t see it. I could be wrong.

1 Like

Iā€™m curious what legal argument they plan to use to say that a president cannot rescind an executive order made by another president.

With no Congressional lawmaking to back it up, it seems like the attornies general are in a dubious legal place.

why are dreamers not suing en masse for loss of income, emotional distress, the whole bundle?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available