Discussion: New Report Shows GOP Repeal Bill Will Inflict Pain On Red And Blue States Alike

3 Likes

Huh…appears that the largest gains are going to the locations that refused to expand Medicaid (deep South and Mormon west). If they didn’t want “those people” covered, what are they going to do with this new windfall?

5 Likes

I knew I’d seen Cassidy before…

Oh, and fuck you and all the other Republicans who will vote for this bill.

8 Likes

Just in time for Halloween! Ghouls on Parade! All the little kiddies can go as Republican’t Senators and scare the living shit out of everyone…

5 Likes

Damn, they’re really sticking it to Arizona. How much $$$ did Ducey get to voice his support for this turd? (I notice he didn’t sign the letter endorsing C-G with the rest of the hard-right governors…cold feet?)

6 Likes

Louisiana gets hit pretty hard too and the Louisiana state budget is already in shambles.

5 Likes

We all know those states will immediately end Medicaid altogether, put the block grant in the general budget, and cut taxes. What else would they do?

12 Likes

I know it is tacky to criticize someone for their looks, buuuuuuuuuuuut, Cassidy looks like a cartoon character.

5 Likes

Depends on who the someone is.

Okay, so if the funding from the federal government to the states is going to decrease, but they are leaving all the tax increases enacted to fund Obamacare in place, what will be the destination of the money intended to fund healthcare? This smells like bad fish!

5 Likes

I hope the bill passes.
The time has come to let gop pass their God awful bill and get full credit for “fixing” health care.
Let them wear proudly the fact that they passed a law, which indirectly if not directly effects all Americans and rips health care away from about 20 million Americans, without any idea of what the law actually will do, who will be hurt, and what the cost of the law will amount to.
Let gop wear their victory proudly around their necks and crow loudly how gop has “fixed” America’s health care problems.
Yes! With this bill’s passage gop will have solved America’s health care problem!!
What a beautiful bill!!!

4 Likes

Yeah, the problem is we keep thinking that “THIS time will be the one that does it.”

But somehow that hasn’t happened yet.

1 Like

More acting out of their geo-political cultural resentments. I mean, look at that map and make me a credible argument that this is NOT just another attempt to fuck the blue states (and their Dem-voting minorities) in favor of the red states (and their ethno-centrist white nationalist populations whose votes get a ridiculous thumb on the scale treatment in national elections).

9 Likes

Perhaps it’s just my perception, but if you dressed Cassidy up in a sky-blue polyester leisure suit with a white belt and white shoes, he’d look exactly like a used car salesman.

2 Likes

Actually, it’s nearly impossible to do any comparisons with these maps because the impacts are not normalized by GSP. I can’t believe they’d give us graphics of near-meaningless raw numbers for this…oh wait, yes I can (facepalm).

1 Like

If Bill Cassidy was coming to my house for dinner, I’d hide the knives. Just sayin’…

2 Likes

Thanks; that grin looked familiar, but I couldn’t place it…

1 Like

He looks more like the checked suit and striped shirt type to me.

1 Like

Well welcome to the death panels Palin promised us, except for one tiny miscalculation.

2 Likes