Discussion: Nearly Half Of White GOPers Say It Bothers Them To Hear Foreign Language Spoken In Public

1 Like

They’re such wimpy, provincial twerps.

Other things that bother them:

1. Others’ success.
  2. Learning.
  3. Science.
  4. (list truncated due to limited bandwidth)
34 Likes
4 Likes

The solution is simple. These people should all be taught what the word for “turd” is in a couple of dozen different languages, so they’ll know precisely when those furriners are talking about them.

15 Likes

Then I propose that all those white MFs purge their speech of all foreign words, and words spoken today that have foreign oranges. The peace and quiet will be quite lovely.

23 Likes

When you’re as self-absorbed as most white republicans, you just know people are talking about you behind your back. But when they do it in a foreign language, they can do it right to your face! Also, my guess is they don’t mind so much when the people are speaking German, or French, or Norwegian. They care a little more when it’s an African language, or from one of the Mexicos.

19 Likes

“47% of white Republicans are bothered by hearing people speaking a foreign language.”

Which is pretty amazing when you consider that most of them can barely speak English.

(Just curious: What percent of them were bothered by Russian speakers?)

41 Likes
  1. Other people having fun
  2. Other people having sex
  3. Vaccines
  4. Good food not loaded with cholesterol
20 Likes

To state it in a positive way: At least they’re consistent in their ignorant behavior.

5 Likes

“Nearly Half Of White GOPers Say It Bothers Them To Hear Foreign Language Spoken In Public”

That’s only because they haven’t asked the other half yet.

They are who we think they are.

18 Likes

Thanks, TPM, actionable news! I plan to use this knowledge every day to trigger the Cons.

11 Likes

sniffit: Sampling Statistician Extraordinaire.

13 Likes

I mean, they totally set that up with the wording of the headline…

6 Likes

Asking for a friend, are the GOPers equally disturbed by all foreign languages? I’ll assume French more disturbing than German, for example, until further investigation/reporting is in evidence.

6 Likes

Shocking news here?

Come on over to my mother’s house or my in-laws house for supper. This is not news for anyone with a Republican in the house.

8 Likes

Don’t forget this:
5. Truncated lists.

11 Likes

I believe they’re totally flummoxed by igpay atinlay.

13 Likes

I speak French. Twice a month, I meet with other speakers of french at a local restaurant. We’re all Americans. English is our native language. But we love the French language and love to speak it. We’ve been meeting for ten years. I never felt uncomfortable or worried if others heard us until about two years ago when I began to notice other diners looking/staring at us. Now I sometimes wonder if some conceal carry, angry nationalist will approach us and harass us. That’s crazy. We know another language. Shouldn’t we be able to speak it if we so choose?

22 Likes

I have to agree. Anyone speaking “Murikan” is like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

7 Likes

Similarly, this bumper sticker drives my mom crazy:

28 Likes