Discussion: NBC News: Trump Floated Idea Of Firing Top U.S. Commander In Afghanistan

1 Like

“We aren’t winning,” Trump complained, as quoted in the report. “We are losing.”

Speak for yourself, Your Excremency.

24 Likes

People being human, I can understand them periodically being a dickhead. Trump, however, is a consistent, calcified, entrenched, vindictive and stupid dickhead, never failing in that. Sad.

20 Likes

He promised us we’d get tired of winning. He was apparently right.

12 Likes

He’s going to fill that slot with Perry. Or Chao. Or Kushner. Or Scaramucci.

6 Likes

Let’s see, what was happening on July 19… oh yeah,

1. Trump’s lunch with GOP Senators after the first round of losses on O-care Repeal & Replace
  2. News was swirling about his undisclosed 2nd meeting with Putin and
  3. His unhinged interview with the NYT was released

So much winning… I’m surprised he didn’t try and fire the entire Joint Chiefs!

21 Likes

“Trump also complained about the conflict’s lack of progress and NATO allies.”

“…just after he publicly excoriated, financially shook down, and arrogantly abandoned NATO.”

32 Likes

This article reminds me that we are still at war in Afghanistan. Damn.

14 Likes

We have always been at war with eastasia

16 Likes

So through tomorrow morning, the WH and SHS are going to deny that this story is true. Then, tomorrow afternoon, they will be forced to walk it back and admit that it is true.

Yawn. Same old, same old.

11 Likes

Send your sons. Better yet you, “Five Deferment Don”,go.

7 Likes

WH talking points:

• It didn’t happen.
  • Fake News
  • Even if it did happen, which it didn’t, the President is within his rights to do whatever he wants as Commander in Chief
  • The President’s remarks need no explanation
16 Likes

A missed opportunity to unveil that guaranteed plan to defeat ISIS he’s been sitting on while the bodies pile up.

11 Likes

Clearly, Jared has failed in his one-man portfolio of bringing peace to the Greater Middle East.

And, as we know, Trump will not tolerate a loser like Kushner.

Gen. Kelly will, no doubt, fire him immediately.

22 Likes

what strategy? oh you mean “winning”? right…

5 Likes

Of course, Trump didn’t propose even a hint of a strategy (coherent, or not) and it is doubtful that he seriously considered the magnitude of resources that would be required to do the job.

Trump is only concerned whether or not someone makes him look good in the shortest term imaginable.

13 Likes

President Donald Trump suggested firing the commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan during a meeting last month…

Because I know more than the generals do, believe me!

14 Likes

Just doubtful?

5 Likes

Remarkable leaks again, seems here getting close to identifying at least some of the leakers damaging US interests.

Irrespective of that, good to see trump probing and testing command structures.

Or Sessions… He is a (attorney) General

7 Likes