Discussion: Nadler Slams McGahn For Ditching Hearing: 'Our Subpoenas Are Not Optional'

I don’t think Stephen Miller would come out of the shadows where he, like the cockroach he is, prefers to creep around. He’d never take a job where he’s going to be in full public view and open to public scrutiny.

Hannity won’t give up the big bucks from Faux. Plus, he also would never take a position where he’d have to be accountable in any way.

That being said, there’s certainly a bunch of other vile individuals who still really don’t believe in ETTD. Yet.

1 Like

Please - everyone can do their bit as it were by helping to get McGhan, Sessions and Barr disbarred. "The More You Know"

p.s.: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lawyers_disbarred_in_the_Watergate_scandal

1 Like

I think yesterday’s judgement shows that these delay tactics won’t work for very long. Federal judges; even conservative federal judges, aren’t very happy about being asked if Article I of the Constitution is really valid. These delay tactics will probably just postpone the inevitable by a month or two. That puts the main show in July or August. What’s wrong with that?

4 Likes

This will happen soon enough; probably by July or August. Good theater takes time and should never be rushed.

3 Likes

I tend to agree with you. People are spooked. I get that…but like Clint Eastwood talking about “the right people getting shot”, the right people have to get spooked.

And in this vein, I am speaking of the people who do not follow this stuff but WOULD, if prodded.

1 Like

More news of the not-so-good variety.

2 Likes

That’s flout. Spell checkers ain’t necessarily literate.

1 Like

I could have missed something, but it didn’t look like a rebuke to me. It looked like he was saying that a formal resolution with a statement on the legislative purpose probably wasn’t given because the requested docs were understood to be within the committee’s purview.

2 Likes

Democrats will come up with unlimited excuses as to why Trump wins in 2020. They will never, ever blame themselves for being feckless, ineffective, waffling pantie-waists. The GOP only fears/respects brute power, a kick in the nads. When Trump wins in 2020, it will be months of Dem finger-pointing, circular firing squads and denials…until the next time it happens.

“I fart in your general direction.”

2 Likes

I understand everyone’s arguments pro and con. But the democrats have a big problem communicating to us people via their ineffective messaging. Yes, someone needs to have public TV forums on the details of the Mueller report. Yes, we have to see and feel that something effective is being done to stop the lawlessness. But until the “rule of law” shows itself to be fair and just, how can anyone not be fearful and demoralized by this sluggish intellectual process? The Republican faction has propagada, read emotional, subconscious messaging, down. Nobody can tell me that the Democrats are missing experts who can effectively combat this with equal language.

3 Likes

There won’t be a “next time” if/when that happens.

2 Likes

Monty Python has a quote for every situation. Especially for the surreal situations such as we currently find ourselves in.

That’s definitely the message I’m getting.
Either that, or they don’t want the stenographers to be mean to them.
Time to shyte or get off the pot…

Trump reasoning 101
McGahn cannot respond to a subpoena (even tho a former WH lawyer) so moron can create a precedent.
Umm, no donnie, sorry. Precedents cannot be founded on crimes.

1 Like

Every time I go to sit down I look… getting prodded at my age ain’t the best of feelings.

Seriously you are correct. A whole lot of folks live day to day unaware of their eroding country and its traditions. They may need to see in stark relief what trump is hiding. And for him to freak over the tiniest of reveals speaks to something that is off the charts horrible. I believe for starters he is eyeball deep in money laundering on an epic scale, monumental incompetence with a dash of revealing intelligence on TV to appear “tough”. But the really bad part is his betrayal of our country and becoming the lap dog of Putin.

3 Likes

So it is. Yeah, it was the spell checker. Sure, that’s the ticket… (I am reminded of Little Feat’s Old Folks’ Boogie: "You know you’re over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can’t fill.)

1 Like

A couple of days at this point is not any time this week or next. They recess for the Memorial Day Holiday tomorrow or Thursday. won’t be back until the week after.

Dems need to grow some teeth, gum jobs aren’t good enough.

1 Like

The Trumparrot isn’t dead yet, unfortunately.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available