Discussion: Nadler: Dems Won't 'Necessarily' Impeach Trump Over 'Impeachable Offense'

Maybe the morbid bitch was the English prof who force-fed ED to us when she was supposed to be teaching composition. The Dickinson she exposed us to was the Dickinson of Because I could not stop for Death and the like.

I thought it was less than weeks later but wasn’t sure without Googling.

Listener infers, speaker implies as do writers. Read the article. It was only one quote out of a much longer essay, and worth reading.

1 Like

I never had the opportunity to sit in a college American lit class or in a composition class for that matter, but I suspect I would’ve enjoyed it.

1 Like

Yeah, Packwood was hands on.

He resigned from the United States Senate, under threat of expulsion, in 1995 after allegations of sexual harassment, abuse and assault of women emerged.

2 Likes

Just to say that maybe the right leverage is Ivanka in an orange jumpsuit or else.

2 Likes

I was just thinking that might get the Republicans attention for an impeachable offense, since treason just isn’t enough and they’ve set that precedence already.

Assuming Democrats are given proof beyond a doubt in the form of Mueller’s report, any Democrat who tries to make a “political” argument that the House should not impeach because the Senate won’t convict, will lose their next election. The end.

1 Like

I’m not a lawyer, so I could be speaking out my ass. Maybe you are and know better than me. But I don’t believe a prosecutor is going to touch resignation with a 10’ stick. They will charge him now, delay charging him until after he leaves office or not charge him at all. They may offer him a plea deal if he pleads guilty. But I don’t believe they will require resignation.

Honestly, I don’t think they can trade resignation from your job as part of a plea deal. I don’t think that is within their authority. If you are a banker, or an executive in a publicly traded company, then their are certain legal authorities which can require that an employee be terminated. such as the Federal Reserve or SEC.

Which lead to a turn around of support for Senate Republicans. The kavanaugh hearings may have cost Dem’s Indiana and Missouri Senate races. If you are pursuing impeachment, with the certain knowledge that the effort will fail to remove Trump, it is a political action. Does dividing the country more and hardening each sides positions actually improve Dem’s election prospects throughout the country. Or will Mueller’s report alone be damning to Trump among Independents without driving turnout for Republican senate candidates in 2020.

@tpr
A makeup company called Pantone has decided on our behalf that this is the color of the year, it’s called Living Coral. I think it could work for a jumpsuit.

1 Like

Not a makeup company, a colour company ! If you are into computer graphics and wants to be sure to get the precise colour tone right, you specify it in Pantone ‘coordinates’

2 Likes

I think maybe Kav hearings helped keep an R senator in his seat, where the demographics were SO BAD for the D that it was just about impossible for the D to win anyway. In areas where there were enough Independents and undecideds who COULD be moved…it helped Ds. If the demographics included a lot of suburban women it helped Ds. I don’t think you get to act like the adult party if you just let the Rs walk all over you. I think the Kav debacle was well worth the price, for showing America on TV what these slimes were doing. THAT is almost the most key point. Everything else these fuckers do is sugar-coated and most of it behind closed doors. An impeachment trial would be UNDER THE BRIGHT LIGHTS. Every R rep would already be on record for voting up/down on impeachment, and then we get to watch the R senators twist, ON TV, right in time for their re-elections. The evidence would be mountainous, and these Senators would cover themselves in shame. Even if you knew, or thought you did, that the Senate would never convict…that does not mean an impeachment effort is a failure…and if you want to be the adults, impeachment is indicated and almost demanded. THe Rs would use it against the Ds forever…that they didn’t even think what Chump did was so bad…they didn’t bring impeachment.

Again I learn something new and useful. Nevertheless, Living Coral will be everywhere, on your walls, on your face and lips and in your clothing.

1 Like

would smash

I think there might have been subliminal influence on Pantone to pick this color because Living Coral is what we see when see the occupant’s face.

1 Like

I was thinking 50 Shades of Boehner.

1 Like

Boner’s color is more like Living Nicotine with a dash of Merlot. How he hasn’t been stricken with cancer I don’t understand.

2 Likes

Actually we agree, you know. I think we’re just talking past each other.
And yes, I understand exactly what you’re saying, and totally agree that we “should fight that suggestion [that Democrats are equally extremist as Republicans] at every turn.”
My ONLY problem was that your original statement was ambiguous, and frankly I didn’t get what you were hinting at. And I didn’t see the point of beating around the bush to get everybody on here to figure out what you meant to say.
This is not Jeopardy. It’s supposed to be a give and take.
Having said that, yes. You too have a great evening.

Happy to hear it. And btw I adore Cervantes, and like both your moniker and your avatar for that reason.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available