Discussion: Mueller And House Dems Tussle Over Terms Of His Testimony

So I guess it may be time to ask:

Many of us thought that Mueller was going to be the one to blow this wide open.

Is it fair to say, at long last, that, exemplified by the half-job he did with his 400 page report, he really wasn’t all that in to protecting the nation or the Constitution and we’ve been hoodwinked into thinking this would all legitimately be over? I mean, why are we having these ‘tussles’ over the terms of testimony. This shouldn’t be even half a discussion. Provide your testimony. Get on with it. The whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you…

Why is this so hard for this guy?

1 Like

So—Every republican is dragging their feet to help an actual criminal–my my what a surprise.

2 Likes

Not offended. You read it right.

1 Like

My guess is that Mueller is trying to avoid Republican pearl-clutching for the camera. Which again, I’m all in favor of avoiding. That doesn’t advance things at all and just gives Hannity clips to show the rubes to discredit the report.

And I’ll bet if a few select quotes are given to the right people, that the transcript will generate some interest and heat.

1 Like

Silent Bob would expect no less from any witness he called to testify. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

As Rachel Maddow said last Thursday, it’s past time for him to step up. The fact they want to cut “deals” over his testimony is the tell. One can’t cut deals with the truth.

5 Likes

One of the “leaders” for the Democratic Presidential nomination, the geriatric, quadrennial Democrat from Vermont, believes that impeachment proceedings against Trump will be a “distraction”. Is he a paper tiger, too?

1 Like

I’m good with him getting a private session

Yes, and maybe, but would the private Q&A be available for public consumption? If not, what’s the purpose?

2 Likes

Rubbish. He looked into as it pertains to the mandate of what he was investigating.

3 Likes

This is widely known from the Silent Bob report.

Do you have information that says otherwise?

Like refusing to testify in public because it is political is not being political! God help us.
Calling bullshit on anyone who thought Mueller would save us. He’s doesn’t come close to being an honest prosecutor. If he were he woukd be mire concerned with truth and justice than politics.

As one of the 65 plus million who got our votes stolen, I am so angry. There IS NO JUSTICE in America if Mueller gets by with this.

6 Likes

Wrong. What is widely known from the Mueller report is he did look into it, particularly the Trump Tower Moscow “deal”.

It is in the report which refutes you own rubbish. Try reading the entire thing next time.

Harumpf

Fine but then when the friendly chat is done let him go home and feel comfortable remaining a political virgin. Then subpoena him to return on Nadler’s terms. Time to get rough. Nobody should give a damn about this guy’s delicate feefees.

2 Likes

Except he wasn’t determined to find the truth. He didn’t follow the money. He didn’t insist on interviewing Trump. He didn’t charge people with destruction of evidence when they purged their encrypted communications. He didn’t push on the (unconstitutional) OLC memo that says the President is above the law.

He’s a Republican shill, and doesn’t want the American People to realize that the DOJ is now a paid arm of the Republican Party.

3 Likes

I doubt either half wants to force the marriage to last!

We the people created this mess and we the people are going to have to clean it up. A lot of folks was looking for mueller to save us I hope they realize that he isn’t going to us from trump

1 Like

Yes, he looked into tt moscow but he did not look into tRump’s finances.

These are two separate things.

Silent Bob also failed to interview other relevant witnesses and offered traitor_flynn a deal so sweet the presiding judge had problems with it.

Or did you forget about all that?

1 Like

Perhaps you missed the last line of my post:

He just got hamstrung and clotheslined by DOJ.

Agree 110%

1 Like

Perhaps he just wants to avoid the inevitable circus in which Republicans try to smear him and his team with the “lovers” Strock and Page, the “18 Angry Democrats,” the “Dodgy Dossier,” Mueller’s “conflicts,” “spying” on the campaign, “No Collusion”/“No Obstruction,” the “Sore Loser Democrats who still haven’t gotten over their epic Electoral College loss in 2016,” the “liars” Comey and McCabe, “Flippers,” testimony from the “rat” Michael Cohen, the “Deep State” antipathy to the Disrupter-In-Chief, the unproductive Trump Tower meeting with Veselnitskaya that “anyone would have taken,” and whatever mud and dust clouds and straws in your eye I might have left out.

2 Likes

That was not his mandate to investigate.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available