Discussion: MSNBC Host Grills Trump On Plan To Build A Border Wall: It's 'Silly' (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #245764

I’ve said “he’s a fucking idiot” so many times the words mean nothing now.

His supporters inhabit a realm that is pure fantasy.

10 Likes

“It’ll actually look good,” he said. “But we’re going to have big, beautiful doors and people* will come into the country.”

*Except you.
And you either.
And really really you .

4 Likes

“How do you get Mexico to pay for it?” Hall asked.

“You tell them, ‘You’re going to pay for it,’” Trump replied.

The man is clueless.

4 Likes

Anyone who would believe him is equally clueless.

5 Likes

To be fair, it’s really the millions of morons who support this clown who are clueless. From his point of view, it’s working - so why start trying to make sense now?

10 Likes

Wow, he actually knows how long the Great Wall of China is. Well, ok, 13,170.69 miles.

1 Like

Suppose Trump DID build a wall. Imagine if Mexico DID pay for it.

It would slow down the aliens by 18 seconds, probably less because they have calves the size of cantaloupes unlike these wimpy American girls.

6 Likes

The popularity of Donald “the draft dodging coward” Trump is the perfect example of why we need a civics and current affairs test to be taken as a prerequisite to being able to vote.

Most of our citizens are either ill-informed or under-informed, and unless they take the effort to change, they should not be allowed to vote.

I favor democracy only if we have an informed voter class, otherwise a meritocracy.

4 Likes

Does he even know what a President does?

2 Likes

Can you imagine if Trump were to win? Just think about it. If you’ve got any plans to ever travel abroad make the trip before this man is elected.

1 Like

Not really.

He’s just trying to figure out how to give the country the really bad news (war) should he get over.

The Mexican war started over land grabs and saber rattling (post Texas), so why not the next ‘war’?

1 Like

Unless I’m wrong, the Great Wall failed in regards to deterrence.

Oh well

4 Likes

You’re missing the point: it secured the election of Emperor Qi Jiguang!

3 Likes

Reminds me of an old saying, “locks (or in this case a wall) keep honest people honest.”

Anyone determined to come into this country will.

2 Likes

I will use this opportunity to quote Winston Churchill. Not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing, just putting it forward.

“The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

4 Likes

We can Acronymize to
TAFI…

1 Like

Hey! Slavery deaths cuts down on poverty… Geez! Think like a fickle Conservative.

2 Likes

“The wall is probably $8 billion, …”

When asked how he calculated the cost of the wall, Trump said he multiplied the “number of miles by a certain – a very simple number.”

Well, at just under 2,000 miles that “very simple number” for the cost of Trump’s U.S - Mexico wall would be just over $4 million per mile. In California the cost of a freeway sound wall is about $2.4 million per mile. So, either Trump is going to fleece Mexico by charging 166% of the going rate, or he’s planning on using gold plate, or he’s pulling numbers out of thin air and they’re YUUUUGE enough so that nobody calls him on it.

So it’s the underpants gnome budgeting process.

3 Likes