Discussion: Mosque Shooter Promoted Fears Of ‘White Genocide’ In Rambling Manifesto

LOL The OCs…Original Colonists…complaining about demographic shifts as if people are invading and stealing the land they invaded and stole. My fucking head hurts.

6 Likes

Aboriginal culture extends back at least 60,000 years. You can see Ubirr rock drawings that are part of a constant tradition dating back 30,000 years. When Europeans arrived they were greeted by a diverse range of cultures speaking at least 800 languages. What did they do? The Europeans declared Australia a terra nullius, i.e. uninhabited land. This was even worse than slavery from the legal standpoint. As the White Australians evolved on the issue they came up with concepts like in the US about blood such as quadroon and octoroon that might actually allow Aboriginal children be absorbed into the dominant culture. With aboriginal culture largely destroyed, prime ministers can now express their heartfelt apologies for the intrusion.

2 Likes

I’m reminded of what Francis M. Wilhoit, the Drake University political scientist and longtime opponent of racism once wrote,

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition … There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

8 Likes

But take heart, the initial statement of your PM, Jacinda Ardern, put our chief executive’s to shame.

We are a proud nation of more than 200 ethnicities, 160 languages. And amongst that diversity we share common values. And the one that we place the currency on right now – and tonight – is our compassion and support for the community of those directly affected by this tragedy.

And secondly, the strongest possible condemnation of the ideology of the people who did this. You may have chosen us – but we utterly reject and condemn you.

8 Likes

Mr trump (I’m looking at you), your lack of empathy for the dead and injured and lack of condemnation of the actions of this murderer in New Zealand make you implicitly a supporter of this tragedy and that ought to matter to you. But it doesn’t does it? Because you believe in and support what he did …don’t ya?

1 Like

The Republican Death Cult has now officially gone multi national. They excuse the killings by playing the victim. Almost every troll and foxnews watcher has some version of excusing the ideology by acting like the guy was not a follower of right wing mass murder.

We must start acknowledging that there is a classic death cult, its leader is in the White House, the Senate is full of syncophants due to Reagans eleventh commandment, and we are losing.

We are losing, they are winning. Nancy Pelosi is wrong, we must impeach Trump before there is an American Genocide.

Steve King immediately came to mind.

2 Likes

Ah, I just assumed they’d be similar to their close neighbor’s.

Actually, Australia’s strict laws came about after a mass shooting in Tasmania (actually I think there were a couple of incidents, but that’s the one that had everyone saying “Hey, what is this? We’re not America, we can do better!”) Perhaps this will be New Zealand’s moment of clarity…

3 Likes

I suspect that it would be whack-a-mole. On the other hand Trump and before him the GOP congress seem to have been trying their best to hobble any law enforcement scrutiny of right wing threats. This guy didn’t come from nowhere or with no warning about what he wanted to do.

2 Likes

Yeah, the one in Australia gets mentioned after every one we have here - my fault for assuming NZ’s laws would be similar.
So now its seems like theirs are lax enough to allow an Australian citizen to arm himself to the teeth? There’s some irony - this guy striking a blow against immigrants goes and shoots up a mosque in a country where he himself isn’t a citizen?
Still curious as to the specifics of this one.

Tarrant’s act of senseless violence is just a modern version of an ancient hatred: attacking those who you fear aren’t like you.

No. It is “attacking those who you fear are BETTER than you.”

3 Likes

“It sure does, Boss.”

2 Likes

Mosque Shooter Promoted Fears Of ‘White Genocide’ In Rambling Manifesto

Fears of white genocide in NZ? Seriously? The mass murderer is a hate-filled madman. Does NZ law allow for the genocide of only one white hate-filled madman? Or are they an enlightened society that will house, feed and care for the white hate-filled madman for the remainder of his life in prison?

Good work, here. Some media are being played right now; a backgrounder is much needed.

Trump was described in the manifesto as “a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose."
The shooter lumped Trump in with Pierce (1978), Lane (1984), Dylann Roof (SC, 2015), and Breivik (Norway, 2011).

As an Aussie, I am surprised the perp did not specifically reference the White Australia policy of 1901-1973 (really starting in colonial times mid-1800s), but I guess he essentially repeated that policy elsewhere in his ramblings.

I wonder if Trump has been updated with this asshat’s thinking by now.
Still no Trump acknowledgement of White Racist Terrorists.

1 Like

And yet these same racists idolize Breivik (2011) who killed 77 mostly youths in neighboring Norway.
(shakes head in disbelief).

1 Like

Anders “Templar Knight” Breivik set the standard for crazy white power manifestos. His "2083 – A European Declaration of Independence” is over 1,500 pages and all over the map. In a way, this Australian guy was just trying to keep up but was never up to the task. His spelling and typing skills sort of fall apart 10 pages into the document, and it’s kind of downhill after that. Probably somebody needs to put together a primer on do’s and dont’s for your manifesto before you go off and commit a mass killing. Ted Kaczynski, for example, had terrible problems with organization, preferring to number about 232 chunks of text, adding weird footnotes and random use of CAPS LOCK. Dostoevsky said that it was assumed any writer had mastered format, because content is what matters. These guys are so seething with hate they never make it to the starting line.

2 Likes

British criminals were sent through Traitor’s Gate in London to Australia. I believe others were sent to Georgia.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available