Discussion: Mnuchin: Mueller Probe Is A 'Giant Distraction' That We Must 'Get Past'

Dear Secretary Mnuchin,

Please wait until all cameras are out of the room before beginning to dislocate your jaw to gorge on live large rodents or dead babies.

It makes it more difficult to deny the obvious: that lizard people continue ruling humans.

Sincerely,

Supreme Leader of Zoltron

PS: Here’s your new intergalactic passport picture!

2 Likes

A “giant distraction” from what?

The president spending about one-half of his time playing golf, and the other half watching TV and tweeting threats and deranged notions? Insulting other world leaders?

The ongoing destruction of our Constitutional rights? The vicious and cruel persecution of “illegals”?

t-rump’s cronies looting and burning the USA, and eyeing the rest of the world with feral lust?

1 Like

“I think it should be over quickly, since I think there is nothing there.”

I guess what Mnuchin is trying to say is that, for the rest of his life and in all his future endeavors, he wants everyone to know that he has zero credibility. Well done, sir!

2 Likes

Don’t forget:
"Benghazi!"
"Benghazi 2 !"
"Benghazi 3, This Time It’s Personal!"
"Behghazi 4 the Revenge!" a double feature with "But Her emails!"

2 Likes

That’s something one should ask Jake Tapper, who questioned Mnuchin.

2 Likes

Who cares what this assbite says? He’s a complete loser. Why do they waste time talking to him about anything?

I’m cross-posting this because it’s that important.

If you’re not terrified, you’re not paying attention.

Watch these first 30 minutes. There’s a lot of information here that you need to know.

Note: Despite what the chyron reads, this is not about “Black Women and the Democratic Party.” This is about the authoritarian takeover of our government.

1 Like

I personally hope that Mnuchin is on a million talk shows and everyone gets to see him and know him well. C’mon, Steve - unhinge your lower jaw and let it fly.

1 Like

Mnuchin’s not a lawyer. If he were, maybe, maybe he’d realize that whether it affected the outcome of the election is not merely necessary to prove wrongdoing, but entirely irrelevant. The person who attempts to buy an election by paying off voters need not succeed to commit a crime. The person who stuffs ballot boxes (or fiddles with computer code) commits a crime that is the same whether he manages to add to his preferred candidates total enough to carry the day, or proves himself incompetent by underestimating what the other side will get. And the person who commits treason does so whether or not he is effective. (Treason consists, in part, of an American citizen making war on the United States. The person who sets off a missile to shoot down a US Air Force plane is treasonous even if the missile misfires.)

Not that knowing any of that would make a difference to Mnuchin. He’s only in it for the money and, as one of the Vanderbilts said, “The public be damned.”

5 Likes

Think of America as a brothel, and multinational corporations as the johns. Mnuchin’s form of patriotism is to lower the rate America charges for servicing the johns so the johns won’t stray off to other brothels. That’s what he doesn’t want us to be distracted from. Of course, his particular social class is not the one at the receiving end, it just gets to reap the spoils, whilst (to continue the metaphor) drugging itself with false ideologies into oblivion.

Makes you wonder how many of Trump’s sleazy and/or criminal deals Mnuchin is personally invested in.

You’re beautiful when you’re angry.

1 Like

I for once agree with Mnuchin. Let’s impeach Trump and get past it by having a public trial. Include Pence in the line up.

He has been prepped, he was given a script and told what to say. He’s just staying on message. Trump will critique him later on, probably tell him he did a great job.

Actually he has nothing to complain about. The focus on Mueller is helping get the tax bill passed without proper scrutiny.

There are been quite a bit of scrutiny leading to a lot of negative criticism, enough that the public is against this tax cut for the wealthy bill. But what more can be done to stop it?

The congressional republicans DO NOT CARE and will find other jobs if they don’t win reelection.

That’s not to say that this bunch of crap won’t get a haircut later on, I hope. But a lot of damage will be done before that happens.

2 Likes

Wait until Mnuchin has to deal with the distraction of going to jail for money laundering.

1 Like

Mnuchin, you are just another piece of Trumpian shit who belongs in the big house with him. You are nothing but another low life hedge fund tax evader who brought down our economy. It’s not a giant distraction: it’s an attempt to learn how the Traitor in Chief operates. And you are in the middle of it. You and your dimmer than dim Cruella de Ville would look real good in the orange jumpsuits.

1 Like

Mnuchin can’t say anything helpful or informed or interesting. He is only good at one thing.

He is one ugly dude. Not that that matters . . .

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available