Discussion: Mnuchin Delayed Tubman Bill So Trump Wouldn't Cancel It And Create PR Mess

1 Like

Sigh. From the NYT article…

Why they couldn’t say outright that it’s not about keeping Jackson on the bill (let alone whether Trump even knows who Jackson was), it’s about keeping the black female off of it.

53 Likes

The fear emanating from Trump, Mnuchin, and company is now visible to the human eye

15 Likes

The guy Kamala Harris let skate, again?

1 Like

“A fellow populist” - Seriously NYT? SERIOUSLY?

Why not “A fellow racist”? How does that sound?

23 Likes

Has this made it to Fox and Friends? Cancellation in 10 . . . 9 . . . 8 . . . 7 . . . 6 . . . 5 . . .

What? How is this Kamala Harris’ fault?

4 Likes

It’s both. Jackson is Trump’s favorite President. Keeping the white racist on the $20 bill in favor of Tubman is part of Trump’s motivation. I doubt he’d care anywhere near as much about Alexander Hamilton, for example.

But, of course, the $20 bill was chosen precisely because Jackson was such an unapologetic racist. We cannot really separate the one issue from the other.

14 Likes

I expect he’s referring to this.

9 Likes

Trump has investigtors in Hawaii looking into Harriet Tubman and it’s unbelievable what they’re finding!

30 Likes

Many more stories like this and people could get the impression that Komrade KocKholster is a racist.

14 Likes

He’s the least racist person on the planet. Just ask him. Everyone says so.

10 Likes

Hmmmmm…worried about a PR stink?

Got one anyway, Stevie.

Sucks to you.

Also: Mrs Stevie apparently doesn’t like being “hated”… Sucks to her too.

13 Likes

3 Likes

Really? Because I hear she’s doing great things.

19 Likes

This shows an amazing amount of thinking on Mnuchin’s part, I guess though he may be vampire squid, predatory financial parasite, Goldman-Sachs swamp creature etc. he certainly understands that Trump would not resist the opportunity to trash Harriet Tubman’s legacy given she would be replacing Jackson, a serially genocidal maniac that Trump has always admired and truth be known, aspired to be like. Likewise, cancelling the change to the Tubman $20 would be very popular with his core white racist base, who feel like their “proud” heritage of hatred and violent domination is being erased in the name of “political correctness” at the behest of brown people, race traitors and “lib-rules.”
It’s a given Trump would do the wrong thing here, as sure as the sun rises and sets.

9 Likes

Hmmm, Mnuchin looking to ease he transition back in to private life with a self-serving leak? Should have gotten out when Cohn did. Afraid it is too late now.

6 Likes

I hear she’s good friends with Frederick Douglass too. He’s also a real up-and-comer, someone to keep your eye on.

10 Likes

Slightly OT. Mrs. Mnuchin did an interview… it’s as cringe-worthy as you would expect…

“I was looking at actresses I admired, and they all tagged their clothes. I should have realized that what’s good for movie stars doesn’t work for a cabinet secretary’s wife.”

8 Likes

Trump’s not going to allow any black women on U.S. currency, unless they’re Diamond & Silk.

3 Likes