Discussion: Mitt Romney To Speak Thursday On 'State Of The 2016' Race

I just read that joke—why should you always take two Mormons with you when you go fishing? Because if you just take one he’ll drink all your beer. : ) Human nature. But fishing buddies in general will drink your booze, atheists included. I know this from personal experience.

2 Likes

I’ll totally drink your booze.

3 Likes

Nobody is going to jump into the race after super Tuesday, at least not in order to win, doing so just further splits the non-Trump vote. He’s going to make a feeble comment about the tone of the race and he’ll likely not say it’s the Republicans (this way the media can spin their own both-sides-do-it narrative) and then 12 hours later, he, his speech, and any mote of respectibility the GOP thinks it had will be forgotten as Trump and his Brownshirts cotinue berating black people at their events, continue pushing away neighbors and allies, continue ramping up the hate and stupidity and continue feeding the media frenzy that is their path to the presidency.

2 Likes

This burns my butt too. I could not give one flying fuck about a pack of nitwits bloviating at each other. They NEVER have anything insightful or useful to add as they preen and congratulate each other for getting face time on TV.

I always mute them out, or watch C-SPAN.

1 Like

Unless I’m mistaken, I believe that Marla Maples was the “unnamed” person in his divorce proceedings with Ivana. What one would call a bit of “overlap”.

2 Likes

I’ve spent years as a member of a gang that calls itself The Church of the Seventh Day Angler. We go fishing and hang out and tie flies and alcohol is not forbidden in our church. Mooching the other guy’s booze without paying it back next trip is considered a sin, however.

3 Likes

That is brilliant. Take two Mormons. That would fix the problem. Except they would drink all my diet 7-ups.

2 Likes

The Penguin speaketh. What a joke!

1 Like

Are you serious? I can’t think of anything Rubio needs less than to have the most establishment candidate of all time, a guy who lost handily to Obama, endorse him. Trump is going to have the time of his life taking these two apart. He’s going to have so much fun with this he might actually hurt himself.

5 Likes

What was that old billboard Reps used to put up to taunt Democrats? “Miss me yet” with a picture of GWB? Think they’ll start doing the same to taunt Reps using Mitt? He should do that just to get the laugh.

They HATE mittens. Why would they listen to him now?

Oh wait, they won’t.

1 Like

Mittens mounting a rescue mission? Oh please proceed!!!

I tingle with anticipation.

One of two things is bound to happen tomorrow morning -

1. Drumpf holds some sort of “spontaneous” outrageous event at 11AM a la Tundra Barbie’s NH visit during Mitt’s announcement that he was entering the race in 2012

2. Drumpf’s starts an anti-Willard twitter frenzy

I guess “all of the above” is also an option.

3 Likes

Please Mitt, please throw your hat in the ring again. It’s always so much fun to watch you looking awkward and humiliate yourself again.

It absolutely was Marla Maples - it was an enormous scandal in NY at the time - the tabloids went crazy. Then he married poor Marla in a tacky extravaganza wedding at the Plaza.

She left him a few years later and fled to California.

3 Likes

OMG

why doesn’t he just go.the.fuck.away.

:confused:

Romney has passed his expiration date. What content of any value could he possibly contribute?

Oh, I see. University of UT. Leave it to Utahans to put a serious and mainstream face on the hateful speech that’s been coming out of the GOP.

I think Mitty Romney should use some of the money he made from stealing pensions and from his Latin American right wing death squad friends to help Rubio.

Yep, guarantee his handlers have a plan to inject him as a CONTENDAH. You just wait and see and don’t forget I told ya.

Be sure they’ve got a plan to disrupt the GOP convention and drag Mittens to the stage.

I think they did something like this with FDR first time he got nominated.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available