Discussion: Militia Whose Leader Was Arrested Evicted From New Mexico Campsite

Libation??? TPM commentators drink only water.
We are a sober crew.

3 Likes

Who’s MacDuff?
Hope we find out soon.

“They’re going to try to find some piece of private property to move onto so that they’re not at the whims of the local officials.”

Um, they were being evicted from “private property.”

8 Likes

Wikipedia (forgive me) lists today (April 23) as the day Will died in 1616. They don’t actually list a “birth date” but say he was baptised on April 26, 1564. Which means, for all practical purposes, that we get to celebrate TWICE this week! Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

I’m guessing that New Mexico police may have been reluctant to go after these guys, after the massive negative and national attention the state got when Albuquerque police shot and killed a developmentally-disabled guy who was illegally camping in the Sandias. Also, these wacky militia guys were armed and in large numbers.

This is sad. They should be coaching little league so they can vent their impotent rage at little kids who don’t know any better, not harassing refugees in the desert. Seriously, what a waste of manpower from guys who obviously have free time and the desire to make a difference.

Hollywood is to blame for this, raising several generations of white dudes to believe that Rugged Individualism and Guns are what tamed America. John Wayne and Dirty Harry never shot anyone who didn’t deserve to be shot. You just have to believe someone is a bad guy and you’re right.

1 Like

Bardbirth is traditionally celebrated today. (Says so right there.) If you can afford to buy both birthday and baptism day presents well God bless you. I am less fortunate. :confused:

1 Like

He’s an impostor! GRAB HIM

3 Likes

So I guess you missed the drinking party on (I think it was) the day the Mueller report came out? I stuck to white wine, but some folks were hitting the hard stuff!

2 Likes

I think it’s probably the latter…all those guns in the hands of y’all Qaeda makes the police a bit nervous.

1 Like

@realdonaldtrump
Shakespeare - hooze he? Did he have his own TREMENDOUS reality show? No. He’ll never last, some kid has a birthday, big deal - call me when they option his teleplay. He’ll never get the ratings I have!!!

2 Likes

He makes Caliban look placed
Falstaff look sober
and
Richard the Third like a Sunday School teacher

@realdonaldtrump
MY wife is HOTTER than ugmo ‘Lady’ mikbeth!!!

1 Like

They’re going to try to find some piece of private property to move onto so that they’re not at the whims of the local officials.

Police enforcing property rights at the request of the property owner are acting on a whim if you are a militia led by a man looking for his third felony conviction.

If you poll these guys, you’ll find that 80% have a worn-out VHS tape of Red Dawn on that shelf where they toss their broken or useless “tactical” equipment. Poll the ones with the video, and 50% will say the invaders were foreigners from Hispanic or Islamic countries. Another 30% will say the invaders were liberals from the coasts. The remaining 20% will correctly answer “Russian,” but will say that they were troublemakers kicked out by Putin and then gathered and funded by Soros.

3 Likes

sorry, but i have to object to buying into calling these a**hats a militia. they are a band of lawless vigilantes who should be at least arrested and prosecuted for:
impersonating federal officers
kidnapping
violent assault

all of the vigilantes should be prosecuted, not just their so-called leader, but the whole band of macho police officer wannabes(some of them have been reported to be ex-police) and ex-military who miss the authoritarian structure and armed responses.

3 Likes

The thought of Macbeth intoning “I’m well and truly fecked!” in a thick Scottish brogue has me rolling on the floor!

3 Likes

Damn it ! …

I was saving that tape for my sister ! —

2 Likes

In an affidavit, the FBI said it had become aware in late 2017 that Hopkins “allegedly
made the statement that the United Constitutional Patriots were training
to assassinate George Soros, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama,

And here they are apprehending him for that assassination plot only two years later.

2 Likes

Here’s their chance to demonstrate just how much they respect the private property of others.

The patriots are Trumps White Supremacists .

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available