Discussion: Microsoft Will Protect DACA Recipient Employees In Court If Necessary

Regardless, it’s the right thing to do and it’s a start. It continues to move the conversation and put pressure where it’s needed.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t the real legal big guns be the AGs for California, New York, Washington State, Oregon, Hawaii, etc? They could either bring suit on behalf of the citizens of their states or they could join a suit by Microsoft or whoever.

1 Like

I don’t disagree. Indeed, I am full support of Microsoft and other companies pushing back strongly on the DACA reversal.

Because it IS a horrible economic policy as well. They pay taxes, create jobs and receive almost nothing back in return (aren’t available for Medicare, SSI, etc. until they become American citizens). One of the problems with DACA, is it does create the 2nd class citizen that Romney and others were championing in 2012 (and still championing in 2016)…taxation without representation.

DACA is a band aid, but a much needed band aid. The bigger issue, and solution, is still in complete immigration reform and a path to citizenship. We NEED immigrants, and we should be leading the world in encouraging people to come here.

2 Likes

All true, but Microsoft still deserves credit for speaking out in this way. Others with exactly the same motivating factors aren’t. By way of contrast, I need only consider my own employer, who needs to remain nameless, but it’s a very large maker of networking equipment, and generally conspicuous by absence in all of the recent “tech companies speak out against whatever the latest Trump horror is” stories.

So, good on ya, MSFT. As far as it goes.

Yeah, that is a thing that is REALLY irritating the GOP lately. When you get down to it stuff like DACA are just better for business and a lot of companies know that, specifically the actual captains of industry which is why they’re behind them. Meanwhile, the GOP has to deal with backwards burnouts like the Kochs and the coal industry who have a retrograde mindset when they’re not espousing libertarian lies like “but I’m SOCIALLY liberal!” It’s an example of how reality will shake off those incompetent at business.

1 Like

MS protection will require countless patches and updates…
:wink:

2 Likes

I wonder what the GOP will do to smite Microsoft … switch to Apple? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be considered elitist? :wink:

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available