Discussion: Michigan Doctor Refused To Treat Baby With Lesbian Parents

Discussion for article #233434

And I say that the doctors around this guy should refuse to treat him.

1 Like

“After much prayer following your prenatal, I felt that I would not be able to develop the personal patient-doctor relationship that I normally do with my patients.” She added, “Please know that I believe God gives us free choice and I would never judge anyone based on what they do with that free choice.”

maybe it’s my comprehension, but these two sentences seem a tad contradictory.
but at least s/he’s honest; besides who would want their child seen by someone who can’t deal with the parents.

5 Likes

Religion!!
What is it good for?
Absolutely Nuthin! Huh!

2 Likes

I don’t ordinarily try to speak for Jesus? But in this case I’m dead flat certain he would be all up in this doctor’s face saying WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU.

17 Likes

SHE should lose HER license if SHE is refusing to treat patients. I don’t know how licensing works in Michigan, but I assume a doctor is supposed to take care of people, not refuse to treat.

5 Likes

Well, Jesus was well known for refusing to associate with people whom he considered sinners.

19 Likes

After much prayer I have decided to piss on you and tell you it’s raining.

10 Likes

Revoke that motherfucker’s license NOW. POSTEHASTE. She just grossly violated his oath and numerous laws.

Also, are they looking for a good attorney to sue the pants off this so-called doctor? hahaha

1 Like

“After much prayer …”

The sanctimoniousness of these people is breath-taking. This is why they pushed for the Conscience Clause – to be able to violate their Hippocratic Oath while hiding behind their idea of “religious freedom.”

These people can make “God Bless You” sound like “Fuck you.”

19 Likes

…unless it was the Hypocritical oath she swore to:

Which states: First do no harm to my bank account…
Second : Offer postnatal advice as requested by the OB-GYN --for a fee. Then renege when the baby arrives.

Typical religious FamilyValues:
Protect the fetus
Refuse to care for the newborn.

5 Likes

Sorry, I meant she.

Trying to do a few too many things at once.

From the Hippocratic Oath:
“I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.”
But I guess if you are religious, an oath doesn’t carry much weight.

5 Likes

Why is this news? An individual didn’t want to treat a lesbian’s baby. That his business and his money or the lack of it. But the doctor and these lesbians are all nobodies in the national scale.

“Please know that I believe God gives us free choice and I would never judge anyone based on what they do with that free choice”

You two, sinning whores of Babylon! Yours in Christ, Dr. Roi.

5 Likes

“Please know that I believe God gives us free choice and I would never judge anyone based on what they do with that free choice.”

Completely hippocritical, but the wrong kind. I can only imagine this selfsame doctor would be very appreciative that the couple chose to carry the baby and not abort it, as long as she didn’t have to then assist in it’s care, because the sins of the parents equate to the sins of the child.

1 Like

In some ways, this doctor did a really good thing, because being a sanctimonoious asswipe in the direction of an infant’s parents is never good for the infant.

But having recognized an inability to behave professionally, the doctor (soon to be former, one hopes) did a hugely unprofessional thing in not informing the patients’ parents before they showed up for the appointment and (apparently) making no proper provision for a referral to a doctor who would treat the patient. There are plenty of doctors who will charge you if you fail to show up for an appointment without giving notice. I’m not sure what the sanction should be when the doctor fails to show up.

7 Likes

So they had to see a different doctor. BFD! It’s called push back - right or wrong. Get over yourselves. .

Well I guess at least it’s a good thing this doctor does not work in an emergency room.

7 Likes

You’re absolutely right. This mercenary doctor should be permitted to do whatever she pleases. I myself have a similar problem with people named ‘Darrius’.

When I was a loan officer I always turned down the ‘Darrius’ applicants regardless of their standing. And when I owned a retail store, anyone named ‘Darrius’ was asked to leave without service. I found some like minded folks and we formed a ‘Darrius-Free’ community; as is our right. So if your name is Darrius, understand you won’t be permitted to move into my neighborhood.

And I’m pretty sure the Constitution allows me to do this.

10 Likes