Discussion: McGahn And Trump Rift Formed Over McGahn's Failure To Quash Russia Probe

2 Likes

If not ending the Trump-Russia investigation and, especially, if talking to Mueller’s team gets you fired … what reward awaits he who would rid Trump of the Rigged Witch Hunt?

15 Likes

Looks like those old game-show consolation prizes where you got a lifetime supply of mothballs or some kind of crap.

18 Likes

No $50 Trump Cufflinks? Made of pewter and paste, advertised as gold and diamonds?

14 Likes

The two men’s main point of contention centered on the Russia investigation and McGahn’s role in managing it. The pair routinely fell into skirmishes over Trump’s belief that McGahn should’ve been doing more to squash it

Sounds unimportant. Not sure why McGahn and the SC’s team spoke for 30 hours. Maybe they were exchanging recipes for banana bread.

10 Likes

“Johnny, tell Matt about our lovely parting gifts…”

13 Likes

…as soon as Trump stepped foot in the Oval Office…

Pet Peeve #47. You can either “step into the Oval Office” or you can “set foot in the Oval Office.” Pick one.

10 Likes

“… after Trump prompted McGahn to fire Mueller”? I think the writer means “prodded.”

1 Like

+1. Huge peeve of mine as well. It sounds moronic to say “stepped foot.” Like singing a note wrong in a song you like.

3 Likes

Hey, he got out alive. Trump was fixing to blame the whole thing on him, like Nixon tried to do with Dean.

Getting blamed for the Russia thing continuing is nothing.

3 Likes

So the obstructer in Chief ouldn’t get McGahn to join the bigly obstruction fest?

Sad!

3 Likes

on former administration official

my pet peeve is prepositions, here the text should clearly be “atop a former administration official”

2 Likes

These questions should be asked of every GOPer 10 times a day:
“Why does the president need to quash an investigation if he’s innocent? Why don’t you support the laws and constitution of the USA?”

18 Likes

… or perhaps “astride?”

2 Likes

So, following the law makes you a failure in the Dotard’s eyes. Why did i not see this before?

7 Likes

In a nutshell:

Trump wanted McGahn to obstruct justice. Therefore, Trump was obstructing justice.

QED

9 Likes

I caught something on the news last night about four of the five other lawyers in McGhan’s office also leaving,or have left. Spankee ally arracts the best and knows how to keep them on board.

5 Likes

I get that for the last 10 years or so Cohen was Trump’s fixer lawyer, but who had that position before Cohen? And obvious to me this is how Trump thinks of lawyers-“make this shit go away.”
But with McGhan leaving, and most of his other lawyer staff leaving, where will they find some one to run the WH Office of Legal Counsel?

1 Like

Trump has very successfully imprinted in the minds, seemingly of everyone, that Mueller’s investigation is almost exclusively an effort to pin crimes on Trump personally. The fact our election was corrupted and influenced by Russian entities is almost entirely lost now. Trump wants an investigation quashed whose goal is to get to the bottom of Russian interference. Any criminal involvement on his part is important, but secondary, to the big picture. The Russians, and others, will be trying to influence and corrupt our elections long after Trump is gone. Yet the media, Congress and the White House are almost solely obsessed with Trump’s culpability.

9 Likes

he hints that one is chosen already.
Not Giuliani—must be one of the FOX legal hounds. Maybe Jarrett?

Ooh, he’s getting a Councel AND a “Counsel”.
Super!

3 Likes