Discussion: McConnell Withdraws Trump Judicial Pick Minutes Before Confirmation Vote

it was a F-Oregon conclusion

4 Likes

I don’t even have that nightmare ever.

Hillary won the popular vote, despite everything.

Sweet dreams.

1 Like

You’re on the money G

2 Likes

Yes, there are. Which is why I posted what I posted. And the midterms will be upon us in no time.

And the Repubs that even remotely stood up to him will look like heroes. Kasich, Flake, etc… Ugh.

1 Like

…and who can work the shredder. Guess he didn’t score on that part, but hell, 3 outa 4 ain’t bad.

2 Likes

I do too. These GOP cowards are suddenly staring the demise of American demoracy dead in the eye — Putin’s dead eyes to be precise. They are greedy, they are self serving, they are cowards. But they really don’t fancy being politicians in a Banana Republic ruled by a Russian puppet. Power and money? Sure! Fascism and humiliation? Not so much.

At this point we’re long past irony and I’m personally running low on gallows humor.

4 Likes

In other words, if Mitch had the votes to push this guy through, he would have. It’s not for Bounds’s horrible positions.

1 Like

Cochran was officially resigned April 1 and was replaced by Richard Shelby (according to Wikipedia) so the current tally is 51-49. So a straight party line vote is 50-49 (McCain being absent) one flip is49-50.

Thanks for the nudge to refresh my memory and check my math

1 Like

Probably. At the very least it was bad PR

Next week? I expect a boulder or two to drop tomorrow (it is Friday, after all).

And I think it will continue with near constant barrages, and from different angles.

Remember, Manafort’s trial starts Monday.

[OT. The Sunday talk shows should be interesting this week: who shows up, who says what, and, most importantly, has the MSM turned yet?]

By the end of next week we will know who the traitors are: the ones still with dt. So far, Rubio and Rand have branded themselves with a scarlet letter so deep and red it will never go away.

This is a watershed moment. This is the last chance they have to do the right thing. Those who don’t will be branded forever.

IMHO

5 Likes

Somehow my sweet dreams are soured somewhat by the recognition that Hillary Clinton is not currently the President of the United States. Or am I still dreaming? If so, please wake me up.

Yes.

I’d agree with vigor, but… I said similar words myself… about 18 months ago.

2 Likes

Ever watch Sliders?

This is one of the more dystopian episodes.

And I’m just the pizza delivery guy.

1 Like

I hear you, and my rage eating is getting out of hand.

1 Like
1 Like

Perhaps after the mid terms, if the dems take the House…

1 Like

If Donnie is found to have been elected illegitimately, then it would be an act of actually getting back to that normalcy.

Crimes such as the ones perpetrated by the republicans can NOT go unpunished this time. No more pardons ‘for the good of the people, to get back to normalcy’.

As long as there is no PUNISHMENT for the crimes, we will continue to suffer a parade of assclowns on the take.

THIS is one of the things that dems get chronically wrong, with disastrous results every time.

The time for ‘forgiveness’ or ‘turning the other cheek’ or ‘letting us get back to normal’ bullshit is past. If the Dems don’t grow some real balls and seize the levers of power with real conviction (which means making hard decisions BETTER than they have in the past) we will be condemned to a future of ‘ground hog days’ and complete irrelevance on the world stage.

1 Like

Judging from the really definite, intemperate things he has said on the record, he is either not very bright, or never thought he could be a nominee to SCOTUS.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available