Discussion: McConnell Uses Mueller Report To Place Blame On Obama

How about a MAGA hat?

4 Likes

I would like to see geographically-similar states combined so that they share Senators. Idaho+Montana. North+South Dakota. Alabama + Mississippi.

1 Like

Michelle Goldberg weighs in.

As we parse Barrā€™s letter, we should be aware of the human tendency toward motivated reasoning.

But we should be equally aware of the media tendency to capitulate in the face of Trumpian triumphalism. (Recall the pressure to give Trump credit after his first meeting with Kim Jong-un, despite the emptiness of the resulting agreement.) So we shouldnā€™t overlook the fact that when it comes to Trumpā€™s relationship with Russia, Barrā€™s letter speaks only to very narrow questions about Trump campaign involvement in Russian information warfare operations in 2016.

8 Likes

I wish I had a turtle beanie baby. We bought very few as the craze took off, thank dog.

1 Like

This works for me.

Imagine how thatā€™d make him feel.

8 Likes

I will read that. Keep on it, NYT.

3 Likes

I came here to join the chorus telling Mitch McConnell to go fuck himselfā€¦what an arrogant, hypocritical prick, especially about this event where he interfered in the ability of the Obama administration to do something about Russia. I really hope he lives long enough to comprehend how history is going to judge him, because he deserves the scorn heā€™ll getā€¦I canā€™t think of another politician as dishonest and destructive. If the US falls apart in the next few years, a large part of the responsibility will rest on his shoulders.

6 Likes

ā€œIt was hardly a secret prior to November 2016 that Putinā€™s Russia was not and is not our friend. And yet for years, the previous administration ignored, excused and failed to confront Putinā€™s malign activities both at home and abroad.ā€

What has the present administration (including the Republican Congress, past and present) done to address
"Putinā€™s malign activities both at home and abroad.ā€

5 Likes

Mitch and Lindsey are as bad or worse than Trump. I think both are greatly compromised.

14 Likes

You may have seen this already from Katyal who helped establish the special counselā€™s office.

12 Likes

he made an insanely bold extra-constitutional power move by not seating Garland with little obvious concern for blow back, in an election year no less.

has made me question what mitch knew and when he knew it, as his Garland snub was well into the period where there were tRUmp campaign meetings with russians

15 Likes

Why does McConnell need to lie incessantly?

8 Likes

Because heā€™s a Republican.
Itā€™s what they do.

10 Likes

I did. That was much needed commentary.

This is crazy.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a good question. A very good question.

7 Likes

Personally Iā€™m not crazy about the McDonnell Lady Wife who was slow to move to ground the 737 MAX. She could have been proactive and done it in a heartbeat, even before PP made a grand display of grounding it. But she kept silent.

9 Likes

My answer to anyone stupid (of course they are) enough to threaten a civil war is ā€œbring it on, assholeā€. We donā€™t have to threaten, we own them and under all their bravado they know it. What we need to do is call their bluff and get on with crushing them in the next election.

6 Likes

Money from Russian PACS is all you need to know, not just to him but likely to Graham, Rubio and others who now donā€™t push back on anything PP says or does.

6 Likes

then they feign confusion, ā€œgee, why so touchy? I was jus kiddinā€

the repube governing model, own the libs, and give money those that donā€™t need it

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available