Discussion: McConnell Uses Mueller Report To Place Blame On Obama

“The attorney general reports that Russia carried out online disinformation campaign and computer hacking efforts designed to sow discord in our nation and interfere in American politics. It is deeply disturbing that the Obama administration was apparently insufficiently prepared to anticipate and counter these Russian threats,” McConnell said. “It was hardly a secret prior to November 2016 that Putin’s Russia was not and is not our friend. And yet for years, the previous administration ignored, excused and failed to confront Putin’s malign activities both at home and abroad.”

https://acidtests.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/boxes.gif

14 Likes

Merrick Garland says go fuck yourself.

24 Likes

WaPo Traitor update:

[quote]6:10 p.m.: McConnell blocks Schumer resolution to make Mueller report public

Citing national security concerns, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) objected to a move Monday by Senate Minority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) to vote on a resolution urging the Justice Department to release the entirety of Mueller’s report.

The House voted overwhelmingly earlier this month to approve the resolution. Schumer has repeatedly tried to bring the measure to the Senate floor, without success.[/quote]

26 Likes

Yes, it’s certainly a good thing that the Trump administration has acknowledged the threat that Russia poses to our elections and acted with posthaste alongside the Senate to put forward safeguards to our election process…clearly, it’s all the feckless Obama’s fault that no one is securing the barn doors.

11 Likes

A percentage of Americans are idiots, morons, stupid, ignorant, etc.

11 Likes

If only we had like a Scarlett Letter to be able to identify them… I dunno, maybe “R”?

14 Likes

Since these people cannot be shamed by hypocrisy, they will continue to say “YOU cannot be partisan” while THEY are partisan about absolutely everything.

3 Likes

Here’s who’s going to take down the senator with an approval rating of 33%. If he were smart he’d do a Paul Ryan and not run again and spare himself all the attack ads.

@castor_troy

14 Likes

Add to this they’re indifferent and think voting doesn’t matter. A turnout of 57% brought us PP, and they don’t care.

7 Likes

Even the moron has said he’s in favor of releasing it, but he wouldn’t remember he said it.

6 Likes

So we all agree Russia did what they did. Tell me about sanctions again? Who put them on Russia and who took them off? And is still trying to take them off?

I’d like to see this administration swiftly offer punishment for what they now agree absolutely happened - but I won’t hold my breath. Our president is absolutely capable of claiming part 1 of the report isn’t true because Vlad says so but of course part 2 is 100% true because he thinks that exonerates him.

8 Likes

He also doesn’t really know what’s in it. Apparently the White House hasn’t seen the report either. Just Barr.

WH official confirms WH has still not seen the full Mueller report.

— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) March 25, 2019
14 Likes

Do you mean like this?

14 Likes

Considering how hard Republicans work to make sure that votes don’t get counted, it’s rather tough to make good arguments that votes do matter…

It would probably take finishing up the Civil War from its long pause before we would see something resembling a Democracy again.

5 Likes

What’s shocking, I think, is how many of them there are. I mean there are people that are intelligent that are King Dumb Dumb supporters. How can this be? How could anyone even slightly intelligent support this goon?

7 Likes

Can someone give her an F-18 and coordinates?

Asking for a friend.

7 Likes

Paraphrasing Representative Omar, it’s all about the turnout, baby. We don’t have enough, maybe the realization there’s a demagogue in the WH might shake up the complacency.

6 Likes

I sometimes think the major urban areas should all secede and form the United City-States of America. Why would states need to be contiguous, in this day and age?

4 Likes

Only one part of it.

See: Georgia/Florida, 2018…

Turnout don’t matter much if voting rolls are being purged and votes from liberal areas not counted…

7 Likes

Brilliant, of course.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available