Discussion: McConnell Uses Mueller Report To Place Blame On Obama

I’ve never seen a Black-Crowned Night Heron. What part of the country do you live in? Plenty of Great Blue Herons where I live. I see them all the time where I walk my son’s dogs. Plenty of Ospreys and Bald Eagles, too. I thought about using the Peregrine Falcon but decided to stay with the disheveled beard look and fool everybody. That is one beautiful cat that @left_in_washington_state uses, too!

1 Like

I’m in eastern Va., photo is from Outer Banks N.C. You do get Black-Crowned Night Herons on the West Coast which is where I lived for 40 years. Waiting for Yellow-Crowned and Green Herons to return.
Think it’s her kitty @left_in_washington_state :smiley:

1 Like

Is it just me or does it seem like McConnell doesn’t believe Barr either? And that he feels he must pivot to a negative subject that he feels more comfortable defending? Even in apparent victory Republicans must always be negative. This is oh so telling. There is some really ugly going on under the surface of the corrupt Conservative Movement which even its leaders are afraid to face.

Are the BCNH as large as the GBH? I might have seen them and thought it was the female of the GBH. I guess, I should take my Birds of Washington and Oregon on my walks. How did you end up in eastern VA? I lived in Haymarket, VA about 40 years ago. You sound like a true birder.

Cruel, but fair.

1 Like

BCNH’s are much smaller and don’t have the long neck of GBH’s.
Been looking at birds for years, but don’t feel I’m that good at it because I’m now living in yet another place and have to learn the cast of characters here. Waiting for the warblers.
I grew up near where I now live and then went West, N.W. then S.E. Az. then moved here. It’s taken some getting used to as I really feel like a westerner.

2 Likes

I found it hard to live south of the Mason-Dixon line. Went to school in MD and spent time in NC.

1 Like

Makes Joe Mc Carthy look like a benevolent altruist…his time is going to come and for this sickening low life freak, there will be no where to hide.

I did not want to be further south, and if you go further north the winters are too long. The one here this year has been long enough. Oh, then there’s the humidity. I could pass on that too. Not even talking politics here, I do miss Western Wa.

1 Like

I lived in DC for a while when I went to school. Talk about humidity down in that basin about August! I was there during Watergate. I had to leave because politics drove me crazy. As you know, we have our right-wingers out here, too. Going up Rt 5 in southern WA there is a billboard that touts the area as the birth place of the John Birch Society.

I remember that sign. I always used to look at it and think, what the hell?
DC used to be ok a long time ago but I have no interest in big cities so am not near one.

1 Like

In days gone by, I could argue about policies that Republicans pursued, but when it comes to Trump’s bootlickers McConnell and Graham all I can say is that turd is too kind a word for the human garbage Trump attracts or turns them into. What a hideously ugly face–not because of birth but because of his hateful behavior. Some people–like Obama–try to unite. McConnell only wants to line his and his wife’s craven pockets. Given his attempts to first thwart and then destroy Obamacare, I can only hope for a long and painful death for him.

I’ve seen that one and I’ve always thought that right wingers live in some of the ugliest places in the countryside and they make it worse. Most of Washington is beautiful, but not that area. Yesterday I drove through eastern Colorado on my way home and we stopped for lunch to walk the dogs and eat in Limon, one of the most conservative places in Colorado. Every vacant lot was filled with trash. Clearly this is a place that has lost all sense of self respect. All it has left are drugs and anger at more successful places. It’s one saving grace was that we discovered the only place to eat that wasn’t either fast food or a bar. Of course it was a Mexican restaurant.

1 Like

Mewsette thanks you!

2 Likes

And Western Wa misses you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

WI, PA and MI are not in the South.

1 Like

Death is not good enough. I want him to suffer. A lot.

1 Like

I know. It’s funny, as an agnostic verging on atheist I sure don’t see any cosmic mechanism to reward or punish people for what they do in this life. And yet there does seem to be karma. I hope he pays. But I’m not going to spend much time on it. He will, or he won’t. :expressionless:

Not nuts, just plain Evil, Princes of Lies, Satanic deceivers … and whether you are religious or not, Evil spirit lives deep in the human psyche, and Republicans have conjured up this power, have become one with it, gleefully relish in its mischievousness, sowing discord and chaos … and the greatest deception of all is that Satan has them believing they are acting for the greater glory of their one true God while in fact they are serving him [cue the Satanic laughter] … it does seem nuts.

1 Like

Oh, we may be talking two different terminologies about this.

I understand systemic bias, and nothing about law (apparently… ahem) but the Constitution existentially stands against the centralization of power. I’m certain that’s the driving force of the old conservative movement, morphing into… god-knows-what… donating to the Republican Party, had exactly that purpose. For one, it was fundamentally racist.

You can’t blame Democrats for not anticipating an unpatriotic conspiracy meant to take over the definition and application of law.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available