Discussion: McConnell Tells Trump: Send Congress Your DACA Proposal

2 Likes

And we’ll do nothing with it once it gets here. It’s just the way we are…

5 Likes

Now this is the next interesting part.

5 Likes

“As Congress debates the best ways to address illegal immigration through strong border security and interior enforcement, DACA should be part of those discussions,” McConnell said in the statement. “We look forward to receiving the Trump administration’s legislative proposal as we continue our work on these issues.”

Yertle/Turtlese for “I call your bluff” and “We do the legislating”. With a little demure vestiges of sycophancy (because we all know he doesn’t look forward to receiving this proposal.)

18 Likes

Send us your proposal, so we can kill it and the DREAMERs’ hopes…

3 Likes

McConnell wants to be relevant.

6 Likes

Trump: As soon as I get it from Chuck & Nancy, Mitch, I’ll send it right over.

25 Likes

Terrible shame. Spent all those years blocking every single thing Obama tried to do (and making the Trump presidency possible), and now no one even wants to call him on the phone…

13 Likes

It’s not just a dog-eat-dog world. It’s a dog-doesn’t-return-dog’s-phone-calls world.

10 Likes

McConnell is calling his bluff. Trump of course has no proposal because he does no actual work. It’s a smart move. Oops, Sanni - didn’t read your comment. Great minds think alike.

9 Likes

So if Trump has decided the only way to stave off impeachment and scratch that NPD itch is to play for victories with Democrats – and if there really are enough “moderate Republicans” to work with Dems for meaningful legislation on immigration, health care, and who knows what else – we’ll get to see McConnell and Ryan using their parliamentary powers against their own party’s president, and keep Congress as gummed up with Trump as it was with Obama.

Good times. Well, depending on what “good” means …

7 Likes
“We look forward to receiving the Trump administration’s
  legislative proposal as we continue our work on these issues.”

" I think there is plenty of room in Boehner’s briefcase for this to be filed …
next to the ’ Jobs Bill ’ " —

10 Likes

I’m not going to take the blame for this…

4 Likes

“We look forward to receiving the Trump administration’s legislative proposal…”

“Come into my parlor, said the Spider to the Fly.”

14 Likes

Spider to the Fly

Turtle to the Jackass.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other…

4 Likes

When it comes, it will be the biggest and best proposal ever.

1 Like

What McConnell said: “We look forward to receiving the Trump administration’s legislative proposal as we continue our work on these issues.”

What McConnell was thinking: “We look forward to receiving the Trump administration’s legislative proposal because we are completely incapable of proposing a plan ourselves.”

6 Likes

Breaking even isn’t ’ winning ’ —

4 Likes

Yeah…looks like this will fall in the basket of Marc Short… but he will have two problems… one) it will be radioactive for any staffer in this white house to even touch it and two) He can’t let Stephen Miller have any kind of say in the wording.

1 Like