Discussion: McConnell Pushes Back Funding Vote But No Deal With Dems Announced Yet

Ain’t that the truth. For the last 30 years, the ONLY legislation that Republicans consistently support is WHATEVER will end up transferring more wealth from the poor and middle-class to the wealthy. And if anybody opposes them they scream, "Class Warfare’. If you don’t believe me, just go back and look at the record.

When my son was itty-bitty I would entice him to eat popcorn by sprinkling “magic butter” on it (some brand of butter salt). Once he grew up and could see through the ruse we started buying the extra-super-buttery microwaveable stuff and anything else was unacceptable.

1 Like

The proposed CR has a 6 year CHIP extension. We’re basically getting a CHIP extension for free. Keep in mind that CHIP funding expired months ago and the GOP has had every intention to end it completely or use it as a hostage every month. This proposal represents GOP surrender, and Dems still have leverage to call their bluff on DACA. A 6 year CHIP extension means every red state Dem will have a major competitive advantage in their races b/c the reason red state voters vote for these Dem Senators is because they protect health care. Delivering CHIP as Doug Jones promised would be a huge win.

2 Likes

"“However,” McConnell said, “should these issues not be resolved by the time the funding bill before us expires on February 8, 2018 ― assuming that the government remains open ― it would be my intention to proceed to legislation that would address DACA, border security, and related issues.”

LOL MiC CONnell is just as much a degenerate liar as Trump - only much more skilled at it. “it would be my intention” = by that time Democrats will have made it impossible to carry out my previous intentions. He consistently lies and promises things to his own caucus that he has no intention of following through. With con-artists like CONnell, you MUST get EVERYTHING in writing, down to the finest detail. Since their words hold about as much weight as as a flea on a Republican Elephant.

1 Like

Republicans can pass a trillion dollar tax cut for their donors, but not a federal budget?
Shows what really matters to them.
Screw the soldiers, the poor, the sick and the humble, in a cacaphonous, chaotic mess, but they’ll work together to make every millionaire wealthier?
Do they understand how the public feels about that, at their very core?
The only base they really perform for is the tiny little 1% that pays their slush funds, the Tea Mob is, obviously, completely disposable. Trump doesn’t consider them deplorables, they are disposables.

3 Likes

SOMEBODY’s gotta feel the shame…Republicans don’t do either humility OR shame well, that leaves the rest of us to be ashamed OF and FOR them.

1 Like
  • McConnell laid out an offer promising * - Oh look , the Rethugs are doing a Dickhead …

I wouldn’t believe them if it was signed in blood. Fire Miller first as part of the deal .
That smarmy little punk is running Trumps Pea brain leading him around by the nose

1 Like

That’s an idea. Whose blood? And how much of it?

10 or 15 pints from McConnell
Bloodless cocksucker won’t even notice it’s gone.

The House passed bill already extends CHIP for 6 years.

I think the realistic strategy, today, is to continue to squeeze the Republicans on this, so the country knows where blame lies and, at the sane time, move forward one step at a time. So, if the best Senate deal now is a temporary government opening, with a six year CHIP extension and a McConnell “commitment” on DACA (plus flood relief and other energency measures), what’s the harm in taking it? The Anerican people will find out soon enough if McConnell delivers. If he does, great. If not, the government shuts down again and any reasonable doubt about who caused it essentially disappears. If McConnell delivers and Ryan refuses to put a bill on the House floor, it just solidifies blame and narrows it to the Republican House, thus further energizing Democratic voters for the mid-terms.

1 Like

I think getting a 6 year CHIP helps our red state Dems a lot. If we get that with a commitment to bring a DACA bill to the floor and an expiration date on that CR in early Feb, that’s a good deal. We know the GOP will not keep its word on DACA, but that allows us to expose them. Ultimately, I think the GOP will either let the program expire and start deportation or kick the can down the road with a new EO for another year.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available