Discussion: McConnell Concern Trolls Dems On Shutdown: 'I Feel Bad' For Schumer's Caucus

2 Likes

The only box I’m seeing is you, Box Turtle.

12 Likes

True to form, McConnell’s comments prove him to be a condescending prick.

19 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/more-blame-republicans-than-democrats-for-potential-government-shutdown-post-abc-poll-finds/2018/01/19/c4fce2f6-fd32-11e7-ad8c-ecbb62019393_story.html?utm_term=.f801abc0cccc&wpisrc=al_news__alert-politics--alert-national&wpmk=1

13 Likes

I am going to savor every minute of the blowback the GOP gets for this, particularly the manic, hair-on-fire screeching on Faux News about the “double standard” that results in the GOP getting blamed for this shutdown. It’s going to be like deep fried political foie gras wrapped in a bacon and then slathered in schadenfreude sauce…mmmmmm…schadenfreude sauce…

19 Likes

He has no compulsion of selling out whole groups of people. He is incapable of feeling sorry for anyone, self interest is his only goal.

10 Likes

I’ll give this the answer that the smarmy prick deserves: Fuck you, troll.

12 Likes

Sure sounds like someone working towards a solution. Not.

8 Likes

Be sure to tune in tonight for another hilarious episode of “Everybody Hates Mitch!”, starring Scott Baio as Mitch McConnell, and Elaine Chao as The Beaver.

11 Likes

McConnell’s every bit the sociopath, incapable of empathy interested only in raw political power.

I believe he conspired with Russia -or at least was well aware of it in real time - and saw nothing wrong with it.

18 Likes
1 Like

McConnell played down the urgency of coming to a DACA deal, calling it “a non-imminent issue"…

Being expelled is “a non-imminent issue" for a million hard-working students?

Being deported is “a non-imminent issue" for a million innocent children?

Being torn apart is “a non-imminent issue" for a million loving families?

I guess there are a lot of things that are “a non-imminent issue" when you’re a One-Percenter.

Who married into Taiwan-billionaire money.

And are an evil, sanctimonious scumbag covering up White House treason for a seditious party of traitors.

25 Likes

McConnell needs to compromise.

I feel bad for his caucus.

16 Likes

Schumer is on his way to see Trump at the White House about Government shutdown. Not sure how i want this to play out.

Just saw Nancy Pelosi is giving a press conference on the shut down. I’m assuming Pelosi and Schumer are on the same page so her Q&A might tell us what Schumer is going to talk to Donnie about.

4 Likes

Maybe I’m misreading the situation here, but it seems to me that by offering a short-term CR to try to hash out the DACA thing, Schumer et al. are throwing McTurtle a lifeline. My logic is:

1. Republicans need Democrats to vote on whatever bill comes forward to keep government open
    B) The House bill is a non-starter for Democrats (at least so they say); they want movement on DACA
    III) The public will blame the GOP (according to polls) if the government shuts down
  2. Therefore, by offering to keep the government open even for a few days to continue negotiations, Democrats are doing the GOP a favor

I mean, if the GOP really thinks Democrats are “painted into a corner” then they should just run out the clock to midnight, right? Democrats are in such a bad position, after all…

I think the GOP is terrified of a shut-down, but it’s been so damn long since they’ve negotiated in good faith that they really don’t know what to do in this situation. The older ones have lost the negotiation muscle-memory, and the new ones have never had to even try, what with the “obstruct Obama at all costs” mentality of 2009-2016.

14 Likes

If McConnell’s wife weren’t a Trump toady, I’d feel bad for her, too.

6 Likes

And McConnell’s “my way or the highway” means he’s ready to abandon all those little kids he claims to care so much about.

4 Likes

Mitch takes a break from worrying about the government shutdown blame being shoved up his ass by going to the Senate exercise room:

12 Likes

McConnell doesn’t even have a caucus.

2 Likes

Yes, I can almost see Mitch in his non-descript white van, asking those little kids he cares about so much if they’d like some candy and to see the puppies he has in the back of vehicle.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available