Discussion: McConnell Claims He And Trump Are Doing Just Fine And 'In Regular Contact'

1 Like

Just trying to create plausible deniability. I have no doubt that yesterday’s article came directly from the Senate Majority Leader’s office, with his full knowledge and blessing.

14 Likes

LOL, ‘doing just fine’ and ‘in regular contact’ are definitely how I describe my very, very good and amazing (people are saying) close relationships with my favorite colleagues at work.

I wonder if even Mitch was chuckling or rolling his eyes at those phrases. Gotta at least pretend to keep up appearances, even when it’s absurd on its face.

7 Likes

“The President and I, and our teams, have been and continue to be in regular contact about our shared goals,” McConnell said in a statement.

Considering both McConnell and Trump’s shared goals are hurting, financially and physically, the poor, middle-class, women and non-white’s, I never doubted once they were in regular contact and working towards those goals.

3 Likes

McConnell said he and the President “are working together” on numerous policy initiatives.

“We have a lot of work ahead of us, and we are committed to advancing our shared agenda together and anyone who suggests otherwise is clearly not part of the conversation,” he said.

I shouldn’t, but

7 Likes

Considering that McConnell is a pathologically lying psychopath, that’s a pretty tepid assurance.

5 Likes

Regular contact. When Trump wants to communicate with McConnell, he leaves a note under a rock by the corner of the Senate Office Building. When McConnell wants to respond, he crawls out from under the rock and leaves a note in the shrubbery by the White House. (Now it can be told: When reporters surrounded Sean Spicer in the bushes outside the West Wing, he had been sent out to pick up a note from McConnell.)

13 Likes

Shorter Turtle: I wish Hillary was POTUS.

4 Likes

Oh sure you are and your nose just grew 4 inches longer McConnell. Donald Trump had you pegged correctly, when he selected your wife for a position in his administration it was just an additional safeguard to keep you in lockstep with the band of spineless Republicans, marching in lockstep.

Remember, everyone, that dignity is not exactly McConnell’s salient trait. He will engage in coprophagy if it furthers his goals.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1662065!img/httpImage/mcconnell-20benton-jpg.jpg

4 Likes

Yeah, yeah, Mitch we get it, the need to give the appearance of a functioning government. But you’re pretty much a liar.

2 Likes

DonchaKnow
Oh he could have been spending his days making her a one term president while passing Obamacare repeals getting them vetoed and opening more investigations into BENGHAZI!
Just like the good old days
Nothing to accomplish

1 Like

Trump: Govt shutdown is going to be all Turtle’s fault.

2 Likes

It is hard to know which professional liar is lying the most in this dispute.

3 Likes

Life was so much easier in the days where you just not had to posture and bloviate to get re-elected. Now he’s actually gotta produce something.

All the fun has gone out of the job for McTurtle.

3 Likes

That’s nothing to brag about, Mitch.

1 Like

“Regularly” is such a subjective term. People who go to Church on Christmas can claim the same thing…

That’s the language of breaking up. If they are doing a full kitchen renovation, a divorce is imminent.

4 Likes

So McConnell is going to jump on the “fake news” train to protect his wife’s phoney-baloney job? Quelle surprise…he is a detestable hypocrite.

1 Like

Totally agree.

And not only did he approve the leak to the NYT, he threw Trump under the bus. McConnell basically all but accused Trump of Obstruction. No doubt Mueller’s ears perked up.

Mitch knows how this game is played. That was no accident. And it means he wants Trump gone.

8 Likes