Discussion: McCain: Trump Wants To ‘Violate The Law’ By Bringing Back Waterboarding

Discussion for article #245715

Didn’t we have a Preznint who already did that?

Oh yeah, we did.

5 Likes

“Trump enthusiastically voiced support for torturing terrorist suspects during Saturday’s Republican debate.”

G-d knows these GOP debates are torture.

Please – America has suffered enough. We’ll confess to anything, just make it stop.

16 Likes

Dump wants to be like the infamous Vietnamese police official that blew the brains out of a suspect in the middle of the street.

8 Likes

…mcPalin speaks as 'BombBombBomb BombBomb, Iran loops endlessly in his head.

4 Likes

IrasDad: G-d knows these GOP debates are torture.
Please – America has suffered enough. We’ll confess to anything, just make it stop.

no way. and if you don’t shut up trump will carpet bomb your house or maybe build a huge wall around it. the torture will continue. resistance is futile. (courtesy of the gop primary).

2 Likes

All of the GOP–candidates and current office holders–express some type of unacceptable policy. Torture, war crimes, indiscriminate bombing, killing enemy’s families, pollution, wage slavery, education malpractice, anti-family–they are all horrible one way or another.

7 Likes

Interesting that McWar didn’t include Cruz and Rubio by name in his criticism. They were also fully ‘on-board’ with support for water-boarding during the debate, and said as much. I guess that’s what you call selective hearing.

10 Likes

"Do we want to be on the same plane as those people chopping off heads?”

You’ve accumulated a ton of frequent flier miles on Christian Fundie Airlways yourself, Senator.

2 Likes

According to McCain, the information gathered by subjecting suspects to simulated drowning is often flat-out inaccurate.

“They got a whole lot of information that was totally false,”

To be fair current torture technique has yet to incorporate McCain’s special chalk-on-blackboard, a horrific brand of Palin voice torture to which he has subjected Americans ever since 2008.

I think most terrorists would willingly speak the truth to avoid such excruciating mind numbing pain.

3 Likes

Oh the humanity! By the 5th time Rubio said Obama knows exactly what he’s doing my living room looked like a crime scene. My cries of pain even caused the cops to show up.

2 Likes

He can calm down. Unless Trump wants to roll up his sleeves and fetch a pail of water no ones going to get waterboarded if he’s elected. No one is going to do it. The CIA guys are still getting heat for dong it and they got no good info from it.

Trump is talking. That’s all.

1 Like

I’d love to hear Trump explain what he means by “a helluva lot worse than waterboarding.” The quintessential coward-playing-tough guy, he probably thinks torture means ringing someone’s doorbell and running away.

4 Likes

Cruz: McCain is not being fair by not mentioning me. I fully support all kinds of torture. I also support torturing non white American Citizens.

1 Like

inlabsitrust: a horrific brand of Palin voice torture to which he has subjected Americans ever since 2008.

OH GOD, NO! not the dreaded palin voice torture. i’ll take the spanish inquisition.

2 Likes

“Do we want a President who will violate the law?”

No Senator McCain - we don’t. But you wanted to give us a Vice-President who would have violated the law with nary a second thought. Remember her?

1 Like

One shouldn’t have to listen to the musings of someone who chose Sarah Palin as their Vice Presidential candidate. I’d say they’ve lost all credibility. All!!!

3 Likes

One of the very few issues McCain has been strong (and correct) on. If only it would lead him to expand views on other issues as well.

1 Like

TPM:

“Do we want to resort to doing things that our enemies do? Do we want to be on the same plane as those people chopping off heads?” he [McCain] continued.

Unfortunately, we’re already on that plane. And it was your party, the Republican party, via George W. Bush and his administration, that put us there, Sen. McCain.

2 Likes

What is interesting is the context of what occurred which led to South Vietnamese National Police Chief Nguyễn Ngọc Loan executing the captain of a Việt Cộng death squad, Nguyễn Văn Lém in that infamous photo.