Discussion: McCain Lauded By Presidents Past And Present, World Leaders

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., called McCain a “fascinating personality.”

I guess feckless Mitch was never taught that if you can’t say something nice about the dead it is better to say nothing. What a tool

5 Likes

Trump said nothing to honor him.

I’m not sure why he was given credit for doing so.

9 Likes

Trump shows his core indecency, yet again.

8 Likes

McConnell will do no soul-searching about positive ways to move us past this destructive, valueless, shameful presidency.

He will not receive comparable accolades from most of America.

7 Likes

Many will hope McConnell’s next.

5 Likes

Anything from Wassila ?

3 Likes

Because it’s gotten to where we’re surprised and impressed when Trump manages the basic decency of sympathy and regret… and we all know a staffer wrote that tweet six months ago and they had it ready for release when needed.

But at least this time, they remembered not to date it.

Oh, I hope not. McConnell’s gifted. A national treasure. I loved her work on Galactica and Dances with Wo-Whassat? Not Mary McConnell? Mitch? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Nevermind.

4 Likes

John Kerry also wrote a heartfelt tribute.

One of the twitter commenters said that he used too many words, was too obtuse, which is “why people don’t trust” him. Reading comprehension was obviously an issue for this ignoramus. Oh, and Kerry mentioned Hemingway.

SMDH.

7 Likes

I doubt that any current Republicans will miss McCain.
There is no one left to remind them what cowards they are.

10 Likes

i found Kerry’s piece quite moving. Here is some one who lived at the same time, had similar experiences, were from different political view points, but worked together for the common good. Fuck that poster.

10 Likes

This is truly a turning point. In the past a notable public servant died and people gave their respect, now I’m seeing many online condemning McCain because was old, he was bitter, he wasn’t conservative enough, he was a bad husband, he was a traitor (this from a person who posted on a Facebook story), and what I can see from this is that it is easy to turn some one into an extremist, and dare a say a radical extremist. So here’s to you Mr. Trump who broke a political party, I hope when your time comes you will have been forgotten like the has been that you should be.

3 Likes

McCain Lauded By Presidents Past And Present, World Leaders

Their words all pale in the profound eloquence of Twittermeister-in-Chief.

Yes, and I’m sure there’s an unpaid intern who wrote it, and (s)he’s got a half-off coupon for a deluxe cheeseburger at any of the many fine Trump International Resorts.

Since the person in the Whitehouse looks so shoddy by comparison he will no doubt consider all the tributes to McCain and bad press for himself.

1 Like

Oh boy, I am so glad that the illegitimate and fake potus won’t have anything to do with McCain’s memorial services. The country is so much better w/o the illegitimate one!

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/08/25/sarah-palin-resurfaces-to-make-john-mccains-death-all-about-her-with-rant-about-disloyal-people.html

3 Likes

He was given credit because AP.

3 Likes

Mitch McConnell: “He would occasionally be in a bad place with various members, including myself …"

How bout that, Mitch? And he took issue with you even more so once he witnessed your spineless hypocrisy concerning donnie. Which is why McCain’s legacy will be a good one and yours will be in the toilet.

1 Like
McCain Lauded By Presidents Past And Present, World Leaders

I saw something from Carter, Dumbya, and Obama. Old Bush probably gets a pass because he’s not well. I haven’t seen anything from either of the Clintons. Despite the tasteless “joke” McCain made about Chelsea, I heard that he and Hillary bonded when she was in the Senate.

ETA: Hillary was apparently interviewed on Meet the Press and said the appropriate things.

1 Like