Discussion: Max Mara Is Re-Releasing The Famous Nancy Pelosi Coat

I’m reminded of Atticus telling his kids that it’s probably best not to expect too much from human nature. Trump sat there and made a goddamn fool of himself as usual, and Pelosi tried to talk some sense to him, and now it’s like you said. She succeeds like success. For what it’s worth she’s a smart, tough operator. But a person’s reputation can fly around wildly because of the aforementioned human nature deal.

3 Likes

The Car Guys always said “It’s the cheap guy who pays the most.” I’ve spent money during my life on cars, fishing tackle, computers, photo gear, and musical instruments, and man, it’s true. Get quality stuff and you’ll be repaid. Buy schlock and you’ll pay and pay.

3 Likes

In the words of Hall & Oats, “You’re out of touch,
I’m out of time”.

It’s a nice coat.

The perfect acoutrement for the bloodsport of stalking the the Great Orange Whale…

1 Like

Speaker Pelosi will have world wide influence. When she stands next to other world leaders she needs to dress appropriately. I find her style and confidence to be reassuring, should she suddenly have to assume the Presidency.

2 Likes

Nancy is an obvious anathema of Republicans. 1) Husband in finance; 2) super-wealthy; 3) married and never-divorced (consistent with the Roman church’s dictates); 4) has children (Just like Jeebus dictates; and what about you? Yeah you: Elizabeth Dole; Kirstjen Nielsen, Ann Coulter; Laura Ingraham (adopted kids don’t count you fornicator!!); 5) probably never had an abortion (just like the Roman Church and the evangelical Jeebus dictates).

But Nancy for: 1) the government supporting the common weal; 2) not killing da gays; 3) not increasing the suffering of the poors and; 4) limits on business practices (i.e., abuses).

Yep. Nancy Pelosi is the devil incarnate.

3 Likes

That’s because you have a natural revulsion against (East) European trash, tyranny and those who support it.

1 Like

Third Leg Syndrome.

2 Likes

What’s interesting to me is the cream shoes and stockings (unusual in winter) so making the whole look about one color impact of the coat. Many others would have chosen brown or red shoes, very fashion forward of her.

2 Likes

If I may sr - if you shop online at all, you might try going vintage. etsy has some incredible coats made of fine quality wool and cashmere that are very stylish, but not as much money as buying the same thing new would be.this goes for $150 for example

I wrote this while I was feeling 80. Mi dispiace.

2 Likes

“You gotta have style. It’s a way of life. Without it, you’re nobody.

Diana Vreeland

1 Like

I understand that feeling. I share it many days…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Armani

1 Like

She has apparently left him speechless. Have there been any Twitter attacks on Nancy yet?

1 Like

I’m sooo hoping for Madame President. Probably not, but a girl can dream.

2 Likes

Nancy was wearing a dark blue color dress at the meeting, the pale stocking and shoes looked good as well.

1 Like

I was being absolutely cheeky and speaking in jest, O Great Astute One!!!

1 Like

How can my snark meter work when there are no data to register to? At first it seemed like that thing was bad, but then it seemed like it was good, and I assure you I have no idea. People look sharp in Fellini movies, that’s the beginning and end of anything I know about Italian fashion.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available