Discussion: Maria Butina Pleads Guilty To Conspiracy

That’s all very eloquent, I’m sure.

Meanwhile, here’s what @demosthenes59 said:

Maria Butina can be invaluable in taking down the Russian money laundering terrorist group the NRA.

And you responded (in part):

She could and should be but it looks like she’s going to get a pass on that angle.

And so I asked an obvious question:

So … in your view, who is giving her a pass?

Do you have a coherent answer?

2 Likes

If she really does cooperate I can’t imagine she would want to go - it would be a very short homecoming with an unpleasant ending (for her).

2 Likes

You win today.

2 Likes

I gave you one. I really don’t pay much attention to folks that pick lofty names as avatars. You aint no Cervantes my man. I didn’t come here to submit to you and won’t. I don’t give a shit about your opinion anymore than you do mine. So lets leave it at that. Eloquent enough? I can do it in 2 other languages if you like. Cervantes spoke Spanish? Will that do?

5 Likes

Also Noted on the Russian Side Alexander Torshin suddenly “Retired” and has not been heard from

Alexander Torshin, whose assistant is closing in on a plea deal with U.S. prosecutors after being charged with acting as a Kremlin agent in Washington, is leaving his position as deputy governor of Russia’s central bank.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-30/nra-linked-russia-central-banker-retires-as-aide-nears-u-s-deal

3 Likes

I hate to tell you this, but irasdad wins every day. hahaha

9 Likes

My Pants, is that you?

2 Likes

I don’t even bother to check the results anymore.

9 Likes

That’s wonderful, I’m sure.

Your statement was that [Butina is] “going to get a pass on that angle.”

Was your statement totally meaningless?

4 Likes
3 Likes

hahahahahahahahaha Well you’re no slouch yourself when it comes to this, so.

8 Likes

Putin has a lot more in common with Trump than most, even Putin himself, like to admit. He’s a mediocre white guy who’s desperate to keep his place in a world that’s rejecting him and he pines for reliving his glory days. However, the modern day is not the Cold War and everyone who matters doesn’t work with guys like Putin.

As such, he’s had to resort to relying on pathetic losers like Julian Assange and dweebs like Marine le Pen. And even that doesn’t work as he got Trump…and that’s kinda it. He won that, but even that’s been mixed since the sanctions are still there and everyone still hates Russia. Furthermore, because Putin is so adamant on remaining in power he has no backup plan. If he goes for another term the jig is up and even then he’s only getting older with no successor in sight. He’s trapped and he knows it.

2 Likes

Welcome back to Moscow
Here’s a nice polonium cocktail . We reserved you a nice window room with a balcony on the 15th floor

3 Likes

I pick “Demosthenes” because that is my name. (In Greek). Personal insults are unworthy of this excellent forum.

6 Likes

Stop calling Melanoma Trump childish names!

5 Likes

Can someone explain to me what the potential conflict of interest was?

Conflict with who and how?

3 Likes

OT: Let me add a personal comment about you. Your comments are consistently the most witty of all those posted at TPM.

7 Likes

Try this genius…the court published their concerns today with Ms. Butina. Find money laundering in it for me. I can’t Find structuring in it. I can’t. Find anything to do with money in it? I can’t. It’s full of “conspiracy” and “influence” pablum but no bucks. Go read the shit and tell me where ANYONE is actually going after this loser for what she did that was most significant? Posing with GOP’er fools isn’t a crime. Duping a dumb ass GOP’er into thinking he’s her boyfriend isn’t either. If that’s all she did just send her home. But that’s all they are hanging on her. Go read the crap.

What conspiracy or influence of any count could a 29 year old Siberian kid inflict on the USA?

1 Like

Do stop that. My name is Richard but I don’t call myself Richard the Lion Hearted.

1 Like

Stop what? Asking for civility or saying my name?

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available