Discussion: Maria Butina Pleads Guilty To Conspiracy

Was Butina at the GoP * National Convention?
Cuz that’s where a lot of this grift was put together.
Ryan and McTurtle took the money to win as the ends justify the means in their minds.

• GoP Gang of Pirates
7 Likes

I think she would be welcomed with open arms, she did a pretty good job of coopting and compromising the entire GOP and generally throwing the 2 party system into disrepute.

7 Likes

…“Description of the Diplomacy Project,” suggesting that Russia “could use unofficial channels of communication” to influence U.S. foreign policy towards Moscow.

Does diplomacy mean sex in the original Russian? Was the “unofficial channel of communication” already on Maria Butina’s person, or was it the covert encrypted line that National Self-Fellatio Czar and Fashionista Cuck Kushner arranged in the Russian embassy?

1 Like

We were up to about 16 weren’t we? The lawyer got thrown off the roof, the guy who was found dead in his apartment, I’m trying to remember what happened to the rest of them but hardly a week went by for awhile without a corpse popping up.

15 Likes

Hey Donald, are you shitting blood yet?

6 Likes

Which wench is which witch? It’s so confusing. Please explain why it’s such a waste of time rounding up Russian agents who conspired with Republicans to sway the 2016 election? Yes, Mitch McConnell, I’m asking you.

5 Likes

It wouldn’t. Using the NRA as a cash conduit for political donations and campaigning is far more useful to them. I can’t imagine Butina is stupid enough to think she can go back to Russia after flipping. I would guess there must be some sort of asylum deal after her sentence is served - contingent on her co-operation, I suppose.

6 Likes

Ah ain’t pro-gun also pro-murica? Oh it isn’t. Guess that’s troglodyte thinking. (That’s caveman to you NRA types.)

1 Like

I’m not a betting person …

(No, really, I’m not.)

1 Like

How to respond to an offer from the FSB. You call the bleedin’ FBI, that’s how.

7 Likes

The judge assigned a public defender to Butina because she (the judge) discovered the Russian government was paying her attorney and he (Putin) who pays the piper calls the tune.

7 Likes

There were a number of arrests too.

5 Likes

And don’t forget about the opening ceremony for the Moscow Circus last year.

When the clown troop squirted seltzer bottles at Putin.

And a few days later, they found an abandoned Lada with the bodies of all 39 clowns in the trunk.

23 Likes

Sounds like Putin bought into the right wing fantasy that they are a righteous majority willing to take to the streets in war against their fellow citizens. Same delusion Trump is spouting.

5 Likes

Since her ‘sponsor’ has already disappeared, things don’t look good for her. As for the NRA, perhaps the Ruskies miscalculated in thinking that she and the NRA would not get busted by Trump’s FBI. They probably have a hard time processing how Trump’s ‘secret police’ works here in the states. Actually, who can blame them?

10 Likes

There’d kind of have to be.

Most of the deaths happened outside of Russia.

4 Likes

I remember this one. But, oh brother, read how he supposedly died.

Russian official in NYC dies on Election Day
On the morning of the US election, November 8, about an hour after the first polls opened in New York City, police received a 911 call about an unconscious man inside the Russian consulate. When they arrived, they found Sergei Krivov, 63, unresponsive. Emergency responders declared him dead at the scene.
Krivov, who was born in Russia, had served in the consulate as duty commander involved with security affairs, according to Russian news reports.
Russian consular officials first said Krivov fell from the roof. Then, they said he died of a heart attack.
The initial police report filed on the day of the incident said Krivov was found “with an unknown trauma to the head,” according to a New York Police Department spokesman.
However, after conducting an autopsy and finishing its investigation, the New York City Medical Examiner ruled that Krivov died from bleeding in the chest area, likely due to a tumor. Police sources said foul play wasn’t suspected and that Krivov had been in poor health.

Just spin the wheel of death causes, and pick one. More about the departed at the link.

12 Likes

Yo, Libtards!

COLLUSION HAS 9 LETTERS. CONSPIRACY HAS 10!

NO COLLUSION!

1 Like

The appointment of an “advisory counsel” is explained in the Buzzfeed story on this:

The judge also for the first time revealed a situation involving
Butina’s lawyer Robert Driscoll that the judge had been dealing with on a
sealed basis until now. Chutkan announced to the courtroom that
prosecutors had recordings of calls that Butina made in jail that the
government said might suggest Butina was trying to serve as a go-between
between the media and her lawyer, who is bound by a court-imposed gag
order not to speak with reporters.The judge had appointed an
“advisory counsel” for Butina to advise her on the potential conflict of
issue presented by the evidence that government said it had — that
there was concern her lawyer might have incentive for her to plead
guilty to avoid getting in trouble with the court for violating the gag
order. Butina told the judge that she waived any such potential
conflict, and was “extremely satisfied” with her legal representation.
The judge did not make a finding about whether Driscoll violated her
order and allowed him to continue handling the case.

6 Likes

Bravo. :smile:

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available