Discussion: Maria Butina Pleads Guilty To Conspiracy

Wasn’t some news org in trouble for insinuating a while back that she was a spy whore? She was nothing of the sort?

2 Likes

Swap her for Snowden. Straight up.

2 Likes

Good summary!

4 Likes

Ms Butina will not get to live in the states for the rest of her natural life in–WITSEC!!

1 Like

I love you,irasdad. It bares repeating that you are a national treasure. Thanks for the inspiration and laughs.

18 Likes

“influence campaign”, “Conspiracy against the United States”. How. What influence was she putting in place? There’s only one thing a Russian could do to influence American politics. The same thing an American could do. Infuse money in it. If this Siberian POS walks out of the USA with a just an influence beef she’s beat us nine ways to Sunday.

She’ll bury all her American contacts including that goofy stained teeth boy friend. She has to. She’s headed back to Russia to either disappear or be hailed a hero. If she rats out the Americans she still achieves that influence she set out for and Putin is OK with her.

Influence my ass. What this mighty fine lady did was facilitate the movement of Russian money to the NRA to then be put into Trump’s campaign. That’s what the girl did. Fuck all that “influence” shit. Money talks. Influence walks. If she gets by with that we might as well hoist the Russian Federation flag over the White House.

8 Likes

Well, she was using Erickson. I think some prosecutors had to back off an assertion that she offered sex for a job when it appeared the language was ambiguous. Certainly it didn’t hurt her influence operation that she was cute and young.

7 Likes

Somehow some way, big evangelicals like Franklin Graham are also getting paid in rubles. Count on it.

19 Likes

Fall cleaning? Good to do that stuff, air out the place before winter sets in.

7 Likes

…looking at you, Mike Pence. :smiley:

9 Likes

Oh, that’s good to hear. I was afraid it had something to do with the bad guys getting access to our intelligence.

11 Likes

ATTN TPM Editors - Translation Error/Typo: I could be wrong, and often am, but I’m pretty sure the word ‘been’ is supposed to be between the last two words of the quoted paragraph¹.

¹Edited to Add: As in "Russian media reported on Nov. 30 that Torshin had been retired … to an early grave by the FSB.

3 Likes

Proves the old maxim that the only thing that can stop a bad guy with ovaries is a U.S. District Judge with ovaries.

6 Likes

Unlikely. If you look at the patterns, appears to relate to where Mueller and others made key arrests. So all of their handlers and bosses have been purged for messing up.

3 Likes

The language wasn’t ambiguous. But it could easily be seen as jest. She’s a woman. So sex is going to enter the discussion if men are having it. It was never a real part of any of this.

3 Likes

She’s not dead at all if she walks on the pablum this court is dealing with.

1 Like

With year 2000-eyes, the present looks like an episode of Futurama that failed because it was just too far over the top to be believable.

14 Likes

Max sentence for what the pled to is six months under guidelines. She gets deported automatically as soon as she’s done whatever time she gets. If she gets on that plane, it means her flip is part of a Russian operation to sew chaos and disorder. Why they think breaking the NRA would serve that goal is not clear to me. Because if she wasn’t ordered to do this, she’s going home to a bullet in the brain.

If she’s got a brain to shoot, however, she surely realizes that even if she was ordered to flip, there’s a good chance she’ll be going home to receive said bullet anyway.

We still don’t know if there’s an asylum and protection deal lurking in the background, but I’m leaning toward “no” right now. Only thing that makes me wonder is that I cannot for the life of me see how breaking the power of the NRA would further Putin’s goal of keeping us at each other’s throats and, in his KGB thug wet work dreams, stirring up some kind of civil war.

14 Likes

Don’t Cry for Me Altai Krai

Don’t cry for me Altai Krai-eena!!
The truth is . . .I told it to the office of the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia.
All through my Siberian wild days, my mad existence–in America with the NRA . . .
I kept my promise (but not to Putin) . . .
Don’t keep your distance–I’ll keep mine–by 6,000+ miles . . .

7 Likes

Hope so but I’m talking very early, I forget exactly but it was close to the time of the election.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available