Discussion: Mar-A-Lago Saw Revenue Increase Early This Year As Trump Took Office

Not enough money to improve the tacky décor, however.

12 Likes

Quelle surprise!

I wonder which charity he’s donating it to: Ivanka, Junior or Eric’s.

7 Likes

It’s nice to see this whole being president thing is working out in the way that’s most important to him.

5 Likes

One would think that if Trump had as much money as he says he has, or even less, he’d have some taste in decorating. Alas, twas not to be…

3 Likes

@centralasiaexpat @benthere

That’s the ballroom he added. When Marjorie Merriweather Post built the estate (and used it as a winter “cottage” 4 months of the year), she had enough ready cash to where she didn’t have to rent out the spare bedrooms.

MANGOTUS’ taste is horrid. “Dictator Chic”

3 Likes

Napoleon had good “emperor chic”, IMO. Hasn’t worked for anyone else, since.

3 Likes

It’s also known as “Early Reign of Terror.”

4 Likes

Remember when we thought 43’s Reign of Error was bad?

8 Likes

Thank God we kept the horrible, no-good, what-have-you-done-for-me-lately Clinton Foundation far away from government, eh EmoProgs?

12 Likes

“The hotel is cited in three separate lawsuits arguing that Trump is violating the Constitution’s “emoluments” clause, a ban on foreign gifts and payments. Trump and the Justice Department have called those claims baseless.”

Fake news! This idea that there is an emoluments clause in the Constitution is fake news!!

OK so that claim is gone. Any other false claims that you want the Trump people to demolish with their devastating arguments?

But, seriously, there is also something called the Domestic Emoluments Clause which states “The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.” I don’t know why this is never mentioned in the media, though I believe that it is part of at least one of the emoluments lawsuits against Trump. He sure seems to be in blatant violation of it.

7 Likes

Some of which was from increased membership fees, but most of which was a direct transfer from the US Treasury for presidential use of the facilities.

6 Likes

Mar-e-coli. Donnie’s undrained septic swamp…

7 Likes

No rules are the new rules.

4 Likes

Trump should have to close it down or sell it, or just keep it as a family estate.

Happy “Watergate Break-In Day,” everyone! 45 years ago today.

15 Likes

The Trump family proves once again, you don’t have to be “po” to be white trash,
(though I don’t believe for a minute he has the wealth everyone thinks he has)

4 Likes

I had to laugh at ABC running an hour-long show on Watergate last night. Seemed oddly relevant. for some reason.

2 Likes

I watched ATPM last night for the bizzilionth time - I love when they get arrested - “What’s your name and occupation? Bernard Barker - Anti-Communist…”.

5 Likes

So after the GOP allows it’s new for profit president to get out of debt as much as possible in allotted time Dolt 45 will declare ‘F/U America’ and simply walk away from the job. And declare financial victory.

It’s why he needs to be prosecuted before he quits.

2 Likes