Discussion: Manafort Lender Steve Calk Indicted For Loan Linked To Trump Cabinet Post Hopes

Just asking, but are you aware that @system is Not a real person. A global user for system notifications and other system tasks.

Great minds, I posted the below lyrics from the old Queen hit before I saw your prescient post!

And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust

Grifting Over Patriotism

1 Like

Probably wouldn’t have if they hadn’t gone into public service. Obviously nobody gave a damn until Trump came into the race to the White House.

Actually, that is a Trump Quote from 1993 when he was in Bankruptcy (again) and a reporter asked him why he still had a lavish lifestyle. He replied: “When you owe the bank $50, that is your problem. When you owe the bank $50 Million, that is the bank’s problem.”

That should tell you all you need to know about how “fiscally conservative” he is.

2 Likes

OT: I’ve given up on “beg the question”. I think “gay” referring to a lesbian was first recorded in the late 1700s.

As someone who grew up in a country that was not English-speaking, before the internet and cable TV. My relation with the English Language was almost exclusively through literature (and a few movies) and then “gay” meant gay (lighthearted and carefree). The few references to homosexuality that I remember they used “queer” or in Britain “closet queen”.

Only the BEST people!

Calk and Manafort had no chance with the administration. Money did not play a major role in Preshitident Skanky-Manslut’s cabinet appointments. All of his cabinet and senior appointments were Putin’s whores.

I bet there is an intersection with the Massage Madam and this bank too.

It would just make cosmic karma.

1 Like

Keith Davidson is my representative.

@skeptical It makes me wonder what he planned to do to monetize the position and make it worthwhile to pay all that cash. How many people could even name the past five Sec’s of the Army without Wikipedia?

ETA: I see @fuadreviez

This was just Manafort “fleecing the rubes” and taking what he could for himself in the orgy of Grift that was the Trump Transition Team.

Other’s like Wilbur Ross and Mnuchin had long-standing contacts with Trump Inc. so they were shoo-ins to help guard Trump’s Money.

Dipshits like Rick Perry, Ben Carson, Betsy DeVos, and Ryan Zinke were cynically placed in their Cabinet positions so their extreme incompetence and partisanship would destroy their Departments at the behest of Trump’s Corporate Donors.

2 Likes

Not sure about that, but Kushner was “On it.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-23/kushner-replied-on-it-after-manafort-sought-post-for-banker

What do you mean forfeited? Contemporary Republicans proudly denounce patriotism which is for losers and suckers!

1 Like

What does it say about this dude that he was willing to go to all this trouble, proved himself to be just as crooked as anyone else on the team and he STILL didn’t get a job there.

We’re gonna need a bigger Supermax.

2 Likes

I’d say its directors.

Any number of popular songs of the 20s, 30’s.40s, 50s use “gay” in the sense of lighthearted.
“And I feel so gay, in a melancholy way, that it might as well be spring”.
In its secondary use, that goes back couple hundred years.

To paraphrase Andrew Gillum… I am not saying that Trump is a corrupt sleazeball but the corrupt sleazeballs trying to buy their way into his cabinet obviously think he is one of them.

1 Like

Low on the food chain, but an interesting test.
SDNY is ostensibly under DOJ and Barr. I wonder how high up they can strike before Barr’s D.C. office clamps down. This is a drama within a drama.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available