Discussion: Man Arrested For Allegedly Driving Through Anti-Trump Student Protestors

To all the people who voted in 2012, but stayed home this year, a hearty

#Fuckyouverymuch

17 Likes

I’m glad they have him. I hope they throw the full weight of every applicable law at this person, revoke hid driver’s license for ten years. Also as a condition of whatever plea, he should be made to attend anger management courses and prove he learned, pass the courses.

8 Likes

He will be charged with assault as well as obstruction of law enforcement because he fled the scene, according to the Post Dispatch.

In my admittedly weak understanding of Missouri law, shouldn’t purposefully driving a car into a crowd of people warrant a greater charge than assault?

I’m pretty sure in Drivers’ Ed he was taught not to try and run over people. So there may be some issues with his ability to follow instructions :wink:

6 Likes

There are several levels of assault. Reading the St. Louis paper, it seems they haven’t filed the charges yet, just that they “will pursue…”

They could charge him with assault with a deadly weapon.

3 Likes

Assault with a deadly weapon, at minimum, I would think. Regardless of intent (to kill), any reasonable person (not thinking of the asshole, here) would interpret the action of deliberately driving one’s vehicle into a crowd of people would constitute a potentially lethal danger to those in the crowd. Unless he lost control of the vehicle–and that does not appear to be the case–the deliberative action, IMHO, is attempted maiming or murder.

6 Likes

NOT MY CHEETO dammit

2 Likes

Not a Trump supporter, I’m sure. Probably a paid plant from the Crooked Hillary campaign.

Yessiree, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

3 Likes

Actually, it was only around 107,000 votes that collectively won Trump Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan and the election: that was his razor-thin margin of victory, and he is claiming a mandate. LOL

7 Likes

Republicans believe that a mandate is something they receive every time they win an election. Democrats, however, are elected via fluke, and their election never truly reflects the will of the people.

10 Likes

No, no no.
Under “Misery” law, that only applies if you are “not white”.
Anything else entitles you to a friendly “talking to by the Pol-lice” to not do that in front of the cameras son.

2 Likes

Damn, I must be experiencing that white guilt I’ve heard about so much. :pensive: Gotta work on that.

1 Like

If ONLY the people who voted for Jill Stein in those states (less than about 200,000 total) had voted for Hillary, she would be the President Elect.
I hope they are happy with Dear Leader Trump for 4 years (or until he gets bored and resigns.)
I wonder how many of those college-millennials out demonstrating actually voted for Stein or Johnson, or not at all?
I would say about 50% of them.
If JUST THEY had actually voted for Hillary, she would now be President-Elect.

8 Likes

OT, but oh God, I just saw a headline on the Huffington Post saying that John “I am the Walrus” Bolton is in the running for Secretary of State.

2 Likes

Scary as fuck, ain’t it? I mean John Bolton, for JFCS.

3 Likes

Joe Leicht · Saint Louis University

If people are blocking streets, they need to get out of the way or be run over.

This is one of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s angry white Trump supporter’s take.

3 Likes

LOCK HIM UP!!

11 Likes

This was on a London newspaper site

13 Likes

he’d do a damn fine job at it too!

1 Like

If it happens, then hopefully he will cause some international incident that will further lead to a Trump Administration disaster.

2 Likes