Discussion: Man, 80, Says He Shot Burglar After She Said She Was Pregnant

Discussion for article #225543

EDIT: This is not the original post, which was telling of a psychiatrist defending himself in his office from an armed patient.

Then again this might of gone better if police were notified and were able to take the gun away from the guy who was apparently scaring his psychologist enough to make him get a gun.

You have your wires crossed TPM. The headline is for a different incident.

2 Likes

Yeah, by shooting them in the back. True tea party courage.

2 Likes

Exactly! A good guy shot a bad girl in her back. And if she was pregnant, that was double points.
Whoooweeee!!!
Freedom!

4 Likes

What kind of sick fuck shoots an unarmed woman in the back. Asshole does not cover it.

7 Likes

We’ll probably have to wait for the right-wing jerkoffs to tune in for instructions. After all, a gun was used to kill someone, which is good. But a fetus was aborted, which is bad.

Which lobby pays more? Let’s see…

14 Likes

" Another doctor and a caseworker jumped in to help Silverman and secure Plotts’ weapon, he said."

It seems the good guy with a gun needed a little help.

1 Like

…Tom Greer, who told a television station he shot the woman in the back as she fled from his house.

Thanks, gun nuts, for the SYG laws that encourage wanton slayings like this. Tom Greer was made judge, jury, and executioner because freedumb.

12 Likes

I don’t come to TPM for crime news. If I want an “if it bleeds it leads” story I watch the local tv station.

The male suspect should be charged with murder. It is the law.

To me the only question is whether the 80 year old should be charged as well. He chased the pair out of the house and then shot. At that point he shouldn’t have been in fear.

11 Likes

This isn’t a good guy with a gun. A good guy would have called the cops after he saw burglars fleeing and wouldn’t have gunned down a pregnant woman in cold blood.

9 Likes

Potato, tomahto.

2 Likes

People shouldn’t be charged with murder for a shooting by someone else which they didn’t want to occur.

1 Like

Its never good to shoot someone in the back. But since the suspects BEAT THE SHIT out of the 80 year old man, I’m finding myself less sympathetic toward the suspect.

7 Likes

Probably. But I’ll believe an old man with a broken collarbone can chase a couple people in their 20’s through an alley when I see proof that he had a broken collarbone.

5 Likes

That’s a damn good observation.

I would feel bad for the old guy if he had any remorse at all about killing this woman, but in the interview I saw he seemed mighty pleased with himself. No decent person is proud of himself for shooting an unarmed pregnant woman in the back. Even at 80, he should be held accountable.

12 Likes

So let me get this straight. This stupid old bastard shoots a pregnant woman in the back – IN THE BACK – and the other guy is up for the murder? I’m sure Mr. Greer is thrilled about it. He sure told them to “git” off his property.

3 Likes

Shooting a fleeing, unarmed person in the back, even if they had just committed a property crime, is Murder 2 and if the DA is too much of a coward to prosecute, he should be fired.

ESPECIALLY if he tries to lay it all on the surviving suspect and say the homeowner bears no responsibility.

12 Likes

NRA and gun nutter orgasm.

3 Likes