I am totally cynical about this, but I do appreciate what Macron is trying to do here. He is taking one for the team, so to speak, stroking Trump’s ego to give him a reason to stay with his friends a little longer, a little more fully, so that he doesn’t do something that is irrevocable. It might not work, but let’s give Macron a little credit.
The solution is sign on or remain the outcast that he is.
The agreement has been made and known welcher Trounce just backed out as he does everything else.
Trumpty is in no position to bargain and has diminished our standing as the leading nation.
The solution is actually finding Trumpp, its known as impeachment. Problem solved!
“welcher”
LOL…that kicked me over into reading in German and I was halfway through the rest of your comment before I realized the reason I wasn’t understanding it was because it was written in English 
I think Macron is savvy enough to know that Trump says whatever he believes his audience wants to hear. Making it public may perhaps be something he hopes will push Trump in the right direction.
Not going to happen. Trump is simply liar.
That’s funny.
Welcher, typically means someone who doesn’t pay up after losing a bet but it seemed to apply to Trounce in general.
Welcher, typically means someone who doesn’t pay up
I thought that was welsher.
welcher is such a common clause-starter in German argumentative and informational writing that it overwhelmed my English despite 30 years of not much German. That was an odd experience!
I think your right and I’ve not only been saying it wrong for 50 years but have also been disparaging an entire race.
I discover from time to time other words that I’ve been either pronouncing wrong or just misusing, like this.
I just took the time to search and according to a few dictionaries, welch, actually means what I thought but is less used and is a variant.
I just got lucky but that counts too ; )
I think it’s a win-win for Macron.
If Trump comes back, Macron gets the credit. Trump loses cred with the neo-Nazi isolationists at home.
If Trump doesn’t come back, well, Macron tried, and Trump remains the pariah leader of a pariah nation.
“Trump told me that he would try to find a solution in the coming months,”
Macron should know not to believe a word from Cheeto Benito.
I hope he’s trolling him.
What’s French for ‘squish’?