Discussion: Luck Of The Irish: Paul Ryan Pushes For Influx Of Irish Visas In Nod To Ancestry

His Wikipedia page says he was born in Janesville, Wisconsin

4 Likes

But we all think we were born in Galway.

5 Likes

Pretty soon weā€™ll be going there for abortions.

Paul ā€œputting the ass in ambassadorā€ Ryan can take a nice long walk off the Cliffs of Moher as far as Iā€™m concerned.

6 Likes

With any luck, somone will dump a pint on his pointy headā€¦will be remembered as one of the worst Speakers in history.

1 Like

I was married to an Irish woman for 37 years before I lost her to heart disease.
When I worked in NYC in the mid-70s, seemed like one heard Irish accents all over the city.
When I asked a colleague of Irish descent, he said they come on tourist visas and just park here, absorbed by the larger Irish community who helped them get jobs. Illegal immigrants?

12 Likes

Paul Ryan should be ambassador to the federal penitentiary, with him locked in.

2 Likes

O I love how these Repuglicans get to pick their own particular immigrant group as a vanity project.

Meanwhile, Vietnamese who worked for us and with us and fled with us in 1974 may get deported for no reason.

14 Likes

Yes they have managed to resist the ugly pull of nationalism that has enveloped neighboring Britain. They donā€™t seem to have the ugly likes of a Nigel Farrage and UKIP and have avoided a scenario like a Hungary and Poland where democratic institutions and the media are under attack.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll go anā€™ have a pint of gat now, I will.

3 Likes

The president of the Republic is gay. They have opened the door to legal abortion - they havenā€™t passed it yet but they will.

The place is California on the North Sea.

10 Likes

Not only the loosening of abortion restrictions but repealing the blasphemy laws as well. One of the reasons why the abortion ban was voted down was because of the poor woman who needed an abortion to save her life but was denied it and died from septic shock. When issues are personalized like that they tend to resonate with people. Plus church attendance is down due to many factors.
Bill Oā€™Reilly must be drooling all over himself as he mutters ā€œsecular progressives!ā€

6 Likes

True to Ryanā€™s entire life- heā€™s wealthy enough to afford a trip to Ireland- but why not do it on the taxpayers dime?

7 Likes

[Quote] Paul Ryan (R-WI) is pushing to add thousands of new work visas for Irish nationals as a tribute to his birthplace,[/Quote] Cad?

2 Likes

How about looking after refugees first Paulie, then your friends can come in.
Remember, Paulie, when America had a human rights reputation? When we didnā€™t jail babies? When we didnā€™t ignore young girls who needed WATER and then died due to our negligence?
Remember?
The republican party ought to be outlawed and disbanded.

11 Likes

They really ought to be tried first for crimes against humanity.

8 Likes

Agree. As long as it is only for the right white people it is perfectly okay.

2 Likes

And why should America admit papist lickspittles, terrorist subversives potential welfare defrauders, and drunken rapists? Those people arenā€™t good Anglo-Saxons they arenā€™t even upright Aryans. And how did Ryan get here? Hmmm??? What commie pinko demoncrat let his ancestors in? (Ranting like a Trumpublican, substitute any other ethnicity for ā€œIrishā€. ā€“ None need apply.)

That Ayn Rand Cult, boy, it rots the brain worse than the Trump cultā€¦ No, it doesnā€™t.

For the great health insurance?

Edited to add: Ireland votes by landslide to legalise abortion

Forget work visas. Letā€™s get more Irish voters.

11 Likes

Because IOKIYAR, amirite Paul?

3 Likes

Not sure the Ireland gig is a good fit, Paulie. But if I ever get to speak to President Pelosi about it Iā€™ll suggest your being named ambassador to fuck you.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available