Discussion: Lipinski's Progressive Challenger Says She's Losing Staffers Thanks To DCCC Blacklist

4 Likes

“Look, I get it. The DCCC exists to elect Democrats to the House, and a big part of that is supporting their incumbents,” Newman wrote. “But this is different.”

No it isn’t different. They can’t apply litmus test rules to candidates on an individual case by case basis otherwise they’d 1) never get anything done and 2) would endlessly hear complaining from legitimate and illegitimate potential candidates that want to run in the primary of all 435 House districts in the US. This isn’t about Lipinksi or the DCCC, it’s about primary candidate being able to prove they can mount a successful campaign to show they are capable of winning the primary and then, most importantly, the general election for that seat. If Newman can’t attract and retain talent, that’s on her, it’s not someone else’s fault.

1 Like

The DCCC is on my blacklist.

10 Likes

Screw the DCCC. This is reason 347,895 why I don’t give to the party and only to candidates I choose directly.

11 Likes

Not even for the comments?

6 Likes

Nope, nada, nein, nyet

4 Likes

Dems need Lipinski like a boar needs teats.

5 Likes

Dem in Disarray

The U.S.A, in Peril…no big deal

4 Likes

“Progressive” candidate challenging “establishment” incumbent bummed that establishment staffers don’t wanna work for her. Oh.

Hire some Bernie bros, they did great work in 2016, I hear.

Yeah, she’s such a snowflake. Those people always want special treatment.

1 Like

Lipinski’s Progressive Challenger Says She’s Losing Staffers Thanks To DCCC Blacklist

Feature, not bug – according to Pelosi et al.

Or:

Same here.

That’s just … brilliant.

5 Likes

That’s not what’s happening.

7 Likes

I guess DCCC learned their lesson with AOC. Unfortunately it was the wrong lesson.

5 Likes

Has anyone here read the DCCC’s blacklisting statement? Because my interpretation here is that folks who want to work for Newman are unable to justify the financial hardship they’ll have to bear when the DCCC subsequently shuts them out of blue politics for working with Newman.

If someone is threatening the livelihood of folks who want to work with Newman, that is not a “failure to attract and retain talent.” For all we know, staff love Newman, just not enough to starve to death, leave the industry, or switch sides.

11 Likes

TPR, excellent perspective to bring in: the actual financial hardship pending here, not to mention the top-down anti-democratic (small d used on purpose) activity here. I personally would not give one red cent of my $ to the DCCC, I pick candidates whose values match mine as long as I think they have a good/reasonable chance, there is a middle ground.

5 Likes

Dumbo’s
Cryogenic
Concentrated
Crap

1 Like

If the D-Trip, as it was called by insiders back in my day, is as powerful as it appears, then I’m in awe. Folks like me who worked on federal campaigns in red states knew that the DNC, DCCC, and DSC were just carpetbaggers scooping up local money for the national campaigns they could win. They did nothing if it didn’t look safe from their DC perches. Things must have changed recently that they feel they can throw their weight around.

4 Likes

If you’re trying to change Washington by hiring its insider contractors, I think you may be either something short of sincere, or else not very good at bringing change.

She added that Lipinski, who opposes abortion and LGBTQ rights," WTF???

[quote=“tpr, post:15, topic:89282”]
DCCC’s blacklisting statement?
[/quote] It’s actually a thing?

Some of the reasons I come to TPM.

3 Likes