Discussion: Lerner's Attorney: It's Just 'Convenient' For GOP To Have A 'Demon'

Discussion for article #224475

Convenient to have a demon? GOTPers stumble over one another to be the first to find fault and lay blame for the tiniest of perceived infractions or slights. Every accident in life must have a perpetrator!

All a GOTPer needs to do to find a demon is look in a mirror,

http://i.minus.com/i5guEyZABQwQC.gif

10 Likes

Sure! For one thing, Issa has someone he can use to distract from his own well-earned reputation for completely outrageous and continual lies. I’d like to see a version of “Don Giovanni” in which the finale is Issa accusing someone of lying one last time as demons, coincidentally enough, appear and drag his scowling mug and the rest of him down to hell.

14 Likes

If they GOTea doesn’t have an issue to gin up OUTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE, then they’ll make one up.

6 Likes

“Well, I have said things and been not correct, or disingenuous, or outright lied a number of times, and it’s been shown by e-mails,” Issa said on CNN

6 Likes

Love that image - the melodrama of opera is an appropriate analogy for Republican political histrionics (but opera has that redeeming, beautiful music!)

1 Like

I’d like to see Issa in the role of Cho-Cho San

2 Likes

The idea that this helmet headed fuckstain is allowed to make charges is offensive and absurd. The man is a fucking criminal and just because he beat the rap doesn’t make him any less a thief and an arsonist. I believe the witnesses should just start questioning him. He’d shut up quick enough.

Vote the anti american terrorist ticket.

Vote Republican.

2 Likes

I’ve said this before, but it bears repeating, IMHO: anyone who doesn’t take the 5th Amendment when called before an Issa committee hearing is an idiot. If they asked me to testify about whether the sun rose this morning, I would decline to answer.

Issa is a witch-hunter, and he’ll find a witch, no matter what a witness says. Better to remain silent.

10 Likes

What’s convenient, Mrs.Lois Lerner, is to claim that you have nothing to hide nor that you did anything illegal while at the same time cowering behind the 5th. Or having very convenient hard drive crashes. That’s what is convenient.

It’s convenient for Republicans to have another demon because according to them the most terrifying demon ever is currently residing in the White House.

2 Likes

Wassa matter Lips? You don’t like it when she plays it the way any Republican would play it? Are these “conveniences” to remain the sole property of the GOTP?

Hey Lips…it’s been a while since you last posted TPM’s comment guidelines, isn’t about time you did that once more?

2 Likes

[quote=“Libs, post:10, topic:6172, full:true”]" cowering behind the 5th."
[/quote]
Glad to see you have a such high regard for a constitutionally guaranteed right.

5 Likes

Is Kilauea erupting? Maybe Issa can don a robe of sunbird feathers and toss Ms Lerner in. Might have to get a permit from the National Park Service though. Commercial or Special Use? A poser that.

1 Like

“Look, an attorney trying to get his client off the hook after flubbing the taking of the Fifth certainly will say and do a lot of things, but they’re not held accountable.”

another penetrating insight, from the well known republican intellectual, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Really Stupid). if Issa has actual evidence of malfeasance on the part of taylor, then he should have made an ethics violation complaint to the state bar association. as well, if issa is accusing both lerner & taylor of perjury, then he should request that criminal charges be brought against both of them. since he’s done neither, it must be reasonably assumed he’s full of shit.

for Issa, that’s his normal condition. I’d also be curious to know, since Issa has had this committee chair, what has he done, constructively, for his constituents back home? my guess: less than the nothing he did before.

3 Likes

You liberals and your burdensome regulation of the public’s land. We have a right as sovereign citizens to toss victims into volcanos. I’m issuing a citizen’s warrant for your arrest on the charge of constructive treason.

5 Likes

Ms. Lerner is a Lawyer. And any good lawyer would look at the issue and intent and advise that the best course is to refuse to cooperate.

1 Like

I seem to recall that Lois was an appointee of GW Bush and was also one of those who managed to convert to civil service.
So, is my memory correct or am I just misremembering?

Typically sophist.
Claiming someone ‘cowers’ behind facts and constitutionally-afforded rights.

Why do your ilk clamor for undue process-- yet claim patriotism?

jw1

3 Likes

Lawyers are not held accountable??? So says Issa.