Discussion: LePage Tells Incoming Lawmakers He Actually Can't Vouch For Their Election

1 Like

Since I was informed that counting more votes matter…fine.

narrative matters and boy are folks in for a long four years.

3 Likes

“Your baseless rhetoric hurts democracy.”

Hahaha…it’s cute that you think that’s not his specific intent.

14 Likes

So, why wasn’t this fine conservative intellectual in the running for a cabinet position?

11 Likes

My hyperbolic posturing style defeats your baseless rhetoric style.

5 Likes

did he personally go thru the voter rolls looking for Shifty D, MC Daddy or Money K?

10 Likes

Shorter LePage
See Trump; you can be completely fucking nuts , say anything you want , never apologize for anything , be a complete racist and still hold office.
I wrote the book.

7 Likes

He has small hands.

Just sayin’

That dog don’t bark too hard when LePage gets friendly.

10 Likes

Nobody is happy with this election so let’s just all say Nevermind and start over.

It’s our election and our country.

3 Likes

Trust me…there’re aren’t a whole lot of people in Maine who care what Paul LePage can vouch for. We’re just counting the days.

8 Likes

It doesn’t appear that any incoming Republican lawmakers shared a copy of the letter.

Neither the TPM article nor the WaPo source piece establishes whether or not any GOPers got the same text in their letters.

4 Likes

He’s the one running the government. He’s admitting he doesn’t know what the heck he’s doing. As we all were well aware.

3 Likes

Hey America, we here in Maine have a running start on the shitshow that will be the next four years…

Welcome to my nightmare.

21 Likes

So, Maine recount in the offing?

2 Likes

Sheeeeeeit - Maine ain’t got nuttin on Texas.

:wink:

Greg Abbott is already teeing up his own version of the Carolina Bathroom bill again.

6 Likes

There are still a few opening, who says he isn’t being considered?

He’d be a natural for an important non-cabinet task – Whitehouse Chief of Dignitude Restoration. It’s the second most important role after Whitehouse Chief of Profligate Gilding.

3 Likes

While Rep Chenette is more diplomatic:
“I call on Gov. LePage to provide evidence of his election integrity & accuracy issues.”

I like Rep Moonen’s reply better. It is more to the point:
“This is so embarrassing. And nobody gives a shit what you can attest to.”

8 Likes

He’s insane. Another sociopath GOP governor dealing death and destruction.

4 Likes

The Portland Press Herald implies it was sent to all legislators as a duty of the office of gov’na, but did not get responses from many legislators, both Dem and Repub.

“LePage sent a letter Wednesday that includes a standard message telling legislators that they should show up in Augusta on Dec. 7 to start conducting the people’s business.”
“Calls and emails seeking comment from numerous legislators in both parties were not returned Thursday night.”

2 Likes