Discussion: Lawyer: Kushner Sat With Investigators 2nd Time, Answered 'Every' Question

O please o please o please o please …

Let him be the spy who wore a wire to save his skinny ass.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think he intended that to come out the way it did.

My first take was that his own lawyer was predicting Jared would soon be indicted.

4 Likes

I agree. His attorney’s “witness” spin is ridiculous. Plus, I remember hearing and reading that Jared was in charge of the Trump Campaign’s Data Operations, so I think there are all manner of reasons to disregard most of what Abbe Lowell has to say.

5 Likes

6 Likes

So this quote from Renato Mariotti, who provides one of the better clinical analyses of how criminal investigations, indictments and trials work, makes clearer what I saw as b.s. coming out Lowell’s mouth.

I think Lowell either may have made a bad mistake here, or he is negotiating (or has negotiated) a plea. I noted above how a lot of his clients end up getting indicted. He doesn’t have a tremendous track record of keeping clients out of long trials or jail. He was bailed out in the Menendez trial by a SCOTUS decision (though as a Dem I am glad to see that there is at least one Dem who gets away with stuff like a Republican). Lowell’s track record could be because he chooses to take on defendants who have a lot of money and cases with a high degree of difficulty. It could also mean that his skill set lies in trial and not in the avoidance of it. If your client is not clean, I don’t think you voluntarily submit to an interview with Mueller’s band of sharks. They’re not going to limit topics or lines of questioning without a proffer. You’d rather take your chances on them not having the evidence to indict or waiting until you see the evidence at trial to plot your defense. Perhaps Mueller threatened to subpoena Kushner to testify before the Grand Jury and to make that subpoena public unless he submitted to an interview. But there can be no doubt that Lowell has admitted that Kushner submitted himself to extensive interviews.

Alternatively, Lowell may have been negotiating a plea agreement. Given how often Kushner lies on his SF-86 forms and his general level of dishonesty and corruption, I have a hard time thinking that Lowell could navigate Kushner through such an interview without difficulty.

It certainly appears that Kushner is a subject of the investigation, which may be why his attorney doesn’t want to answer the question. https://t.co/uRXqfc82JZ

— Renato Mariotti (@renato_mariotti) May 23, 2018
12 Likes

Truthfully?

1 Like

Between the two meetings with Mueller’s team, Lowell said, Kushner had spent “a total of over nine hours with them.”

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade — and that’s what Abbe is doing here.

If it’s not clear what I mean, gather everyone who worked for Obama over his eight years and add up the number of hours they spent “with” prosecutors.

5 Likes

I’m just hoping he got a cookie for his effort. Every question! Well, that’s impressive, little Kushie.

2 Likes

With Michael Cohen under investigation and Giuliani seeking protection under the guise of lawyer client privilege, Cuck Kushner has become the primary conduit and bagman for funneling payments and delivering on a revenue stream for Preshitident Skanky Manslut and Iwanka Trump. For the Iwanka and the Trump Organization, they need Cuck Kushner to begin monetizing on his access to military secrets and national security information in the Presidential Daily Brief. The Saudis, UAE, Israel and Russia stand very ready to pay for that information. That is the main reason for Preshitident Skanky Manslut giving Cuck Kushner the security clearance today. Cuck is proving to be the national maestro of self fellatio that Steve Bannon said he was.

1 Like

Makes you wonder if he has flipped and they don’t want Trump to know. Stranger things have happened. This whole Kushner drama is a little to pat.

1 Like

Nearly every comment made by Lowell in this interview could be turned into a really funny joke. He pulled the trigger so far back that you just can’t stop yourself–they roll off the tongue. But it makes me wonder why he gave the interview in the first place, especially since all the clown jobs in this town are taken.

2 Likes

If his disclosure form is anything to go by, Kushner will see Mueller to offer clarification at least a few dozen more times.

2 Likes

Do we know for certain that he hasn’t already flipped?

1 Like

The NYT is at it again, claiming that Jared getting his security clearance means that he is out of danger in the Mueller investigation. The article never states that it was the WH not the FBI that
made the decision. So Trump gives Jared his clearance back and the Times concludes that Mueller has cleared him? That is just lame journalism, right up there with FBI Sees No Clear Links to Russia.

I am very glad I cancelled my NYT subscription (especially so since they still seem to be giving me unlimited access).

3 Likes

Yup. “The Human Stain” left me in awe of his writing style. And of course the Rabbit series was unforgettable. RIP indeed.

As many seasoned prosecutors have noted, “Today’s witnesses are tomorrow’s targets.”

1 Like

Who wrote the article? Damn those people for doing the one step forward two steps back journalistic style again. They really are trying to appease all sides with this kind of craven reporting aren’t they?

3 Likes

Matt Apuzzo wrote the article (it wasn’t Maggie!) don’t know anything about him.

The Rabbit series was actually written by John Updike, but Roth did write lots of other novels at least as good.

Well, wouldn’t you, after you found out that you were considered “disposable?”

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available