Discussion: Lanny Davis Flips Out At MSNBC Host Over Clinton Email Story Questions (VIDEO)

Discussion for article #234043

Whatever legitimate policy questions there may have been in this story – which require little details of context, like the apparent fact that Kerry is the first SoS to use a .gov email acc’t, and that other prominent politicos, including J Bush, have used private servers – have been completely lost in the media rush to “make a narrative.”

The beltway media, as Dave Weigel admitted the other day, resent the sense of Hillary’s inevitability. They find the story boring, and they want it disrupted. So, here’s a chance – let’s take her down!

Can’t find any new info on the story? No problem! Just launch opinion-laden pieces declaring her candidacy “severely damaged,” or “confirmation of all the things people hate about the Clintons” – i.e., that this is dangerously secretive even when we don’t know that it was. So CNN has it’s “So much for Hillary’s smooth campaign!” headline. Chuck Todd (as we know from his own mouth, it’s not his job to tell the truth, only to cheerlead the desired spin) has his second “Hillary permanently damaged!” story in 2 days. And of course MSNBC is as obsessed with the story as Fox News.

Maybe, just maybe, Hillary’s positions vs those of her likely GOP opponents are more important. Or, for those who oppose Hillary for the nomination, alternative candidates (who might actually run) and why their views are superior?

30 Likes

The emoprogs are tickled to death to know that the woman most likely to be nominated and could very likely defeat John Ellis Bush or Scott Walker is being harassed and persecuted. They may hate republicans but they hate Democrats more.

14 Likes

It also does not help when a total idiot loser like Lanny Davis is defending you.

10 Likes

This is probably my first time ever typing this, but I agree with Lanny.[quote=“RationalLeft, post:2, topic:17668”]
Can’t find any new info on the story? No problem! Just launch opinion-laden pieces declaring her candidacy “severely damaged,” or “confirmation of all the things people hate about the Clintons” – i.e., that this is dangerously secretive even when we don’t know that it was. So CNN has it’s “So much for Hillary’s smooth campaign!” headline. Chuck Todd (as we know from his own mouth, it’s not his job to tell the truth, only to cheerlead the desired spin) has his second “Hillary permanently damaged!” story in 2 days. And of course MSNBC is as obsessed with the story as Fox News.
[/quote]

BINGO.

14 Likes

There are days when I lapse into reverie and imagine an especially strong EMP from some large, but otherwise not planet-threatening, solar eruption, which knocks these vermin off the air for some indeterminate period of time. Now, if this could be arranged without affecting necessary services, I think we’d have something.

5 Likes

THuS FeedINg THE NarratIVe cREATEd by REPorters THAT HILLARY HAs SOmething tO HIde. Where ARE the INCriMINAting BENGHazi EmaiLs and WHY haven’'T you REleaseD theM??? We DOn’t KNOW!1!1!!!one!1!!!

9 Likes

Hey, we can always dream.

3 Likes

I feel like we’re watching Bugs Bunny and the MSM is seeing Sons of Anarchy. I really don’t understand why this is a big story that must be talked about during every hour of MSNBC. What am I missing here?

11 Likes

While I have some issues with Hillary Clinton as a candidate ( I was an early and unapologetic Obama supporter) one thing I have always liked about those around the Clinton’s. They don’t stand there and take it and are willing to verbally punch back on the bullshit.

14 Likes

All media sources these days are paying much more attention to the self-inflating fuss that they can create out of random noise triggers in their respective bubble echo chambers, than any straightforward attention to whether it is 1) true 2) significant, and 3) correctly reported. Perhaps TPM is excepted, or perhaps sometimes not? Clicks & ratings = the bottom line.

10 Likes

I watched this segment and laughed out loud! Finally, they had found someone on the Democratic side who was armed with knowledge and FACTS. And all Seitz-Wald had was: "perhaps, maybe, potentially, could be, we may see, etc. ".

So, so sick of the automatic speculation which always leans against our side. Democrats are never afforded the benefit of the doubt.

Lanny made some good strong points and exposed the media in general for their biased and speculative reporting.

My advice to journalists: Stop reporting on this until you have something more than speculation. Bring us the facts or shut up.

16 Likes

As long as you don’t knock off FaceOff and Walking Dead… I’m good. :wink:

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree with you more.

"Lanny Davis “flips out”… Lanny Davis “fumes”. It seems to me that another media outlet has a dog in this hunt. Is that you TPM?

4 Likes

So what does it say about the sorry state of “journalism” and media reporting when this “total idiot loser like Lanny Davis” is right and is verbally kicking your ass?

4 Likes

It’s amazing the level of excitement over something that may be violating rules, but doesn’t seem to be of a national security or on a criminal level.

3 Likes

Lanny Davis is the single most important reason that Hillary shouldn’t run.

Mark Penn is the second.

1 Like

As if Granholm and McIntosh didn’t already drop the ball, bringing on “I’ll say anything for a buck–including representing horrible dictatorships” Lanny Davis suggests how tone-deaf the Clintons may be on this issue. It is their association with the Lanny Davis’s of the world that should give us all pause. With friends like Lanny…

2 Likes

Necessary services, also Game of Thrones.

1 Like