Discussion: Kobach Will Consider Being Immigration Czar...But Only If His Conditions Are Met

Rick Perry’s whole career can be summed up by designated survivor. That’s what he does. Mark my word, he’s the one that will emerge from the sewage pit of this administration, shake the crap off his shoe, and be hailed as the “real” Republican.

2 Likes

Ken Cuccinelli would be a good guess.

1 Like

Chain of Command question:
If Secretaries are all acting and unconfirmed, are they still in the chain of command? If not, what would the order be?

1 Like

Recipe instructions for a Flaming Asshole:

Ingredients:

• Kris Kobach
  • (Optional) 0.5 oz (1.5 cl) Crème de Bananes]
  • (Optional) 0.5 oz (1.5 cl) Crème de Menthe, green
  • (Optional) 0.5 oz (1.5 cl) Grenadine
  • (Optional) 0.5 oz (1.5 cl) Rum, overproof/151 proof

Can’t wait to have the Cooch to kick around again.

1 Like

It really says a lot when you’re too stupid, corrupt, and self-serving to function of the tRump maladministration. It’s an exceptionally low bar and Kobach can’t even meet it.

I am surprised that Kris did not ask for First Lady Iwanka to be available to him on that DHS or DOD plane at all times, with Cuck Kushner watching from the plane closet and also Hope Hicks to steam his pants after.

That is a most excellent question. The order of succession is set in 3 US Code 19. Paragraph 3(e) defines the scope of the act:

Subsection (d) shall apply only to officers appointed, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, prior to the time of the death, resignation, removal from office, inability, or failure to qualify, of the President pro tempore, and only to officers not under impeachment by the House of Representatives at the time the powers and duties of the office of President devolve upon them.
(Emphasis added)

So the statute is explicit: Acting Secretaries need not apply – they are not in the order of succession. The office would devolve to the first secretary in the defined order who was confirmed by the Senate prior to the incapacitation of the President. Today, that would be Secretary of State Pompous Asshole Pompeo. Secretary of Treasury Munchkin Mnuchin is second. The Secretary of Defense would be third, but he is (as yet) unconfirmed, so it would devolve to Attorney Trumpismo General Barr.

3 Likes

I made it through the third paragraph when the laughter plus huge dose of WTF got the best of me.

When your choice is between this loser and the Cucc, you’ve scraped the barrel so hard you’ve hit dirt.

2 Likes

Kobach as to be the most arrogant political sad sack in history (I’m sure there others but he’s gotta be in the top 5).

I mean having a law degree and not learning to try a court case early in his career to learn how to address a judge and run a basic legal case. Seems like a waste of tuition.

Bring him on. If Kansas can elect a Democrat who is also a women over KKK, then he won’t get his family’s votes on the national stage.

Seems like a waste of flesh and blood to me.

I’m surprised he didn’t ask for a Cone of Silence in the office as one prior cabinet official had.

2 Likes

Almost as bad, the White House has named Cooch to the post at DHS. What is his take on gerrymandering and on the citizenship question on the census form?

1 Like

Let’s not forget this is the clown car that advocated for voter suppression where a judge threw him into remidial law courses, ran for Gov’na and allowed a Dem to win (in Kansas!), and now is planning a run for Senate which his own party is planning to fight.

Yup, great job negotiating skills there.

1 Like

Ok, Kobotch, we’ll meet your terms. On one condition: your time in office will come with a laugh track.

1 Like

“The White House was reportedly taken aback by Kobach’s presumptuousness.” In this White House only the POTUS is allowed that level of presumptuousness.

I wonder if he actually watched that video CLE he claimed met the requirement the judge imposed on him . . .

Was that Zinke or his EPA counterpart? Doesn’t really matter; both got canned right quick for being so corrupt.

1 Like

No. Watching The Paper Chase should not qualify.

And I’m disappointed in the judge for not requiring something that had an objective outcome measure.

Kris Kobach’s Conditions for Becoming Immigration Czar
Mr. Kobach submitted the following list of demands during discussions for an administration post.

1. Office in the West Wing.
  2. Walk-in privileges with the president.
  3. Assistant to the President rank - at highest pay level for WH senior staff.
  4. Staff of 7 people (2 attorneys, 2 research analysts, 1 scheduler, 1 media person, 1 assistant).
  5. POTUS sits down individually with Czar and the secretaries of Homeland Security, Defense, Justice, Ag, Interior, and Commerce, and tells each of the Secretaries to follow the directives of the Czar without delay, subject to appeal to the President in cases of disagreement.
  6. 24/7 access to either a DHS or DOD jet. Czar must be on the border every week.
  7. Ability to spend weekends in KS with family on way from border back to DC, unless POTUS needs Czar elsewhere.
  8. Security detail if deemed necessary after security review.
  9. Serve as the face of Trump immigration policy - the principal spokesman on television and in the media.
  10. Promise that by November 1, 2019, the president will nominate Kris Kobach to be DHS Secretary, unless Kobach wishes to continue in Czar position.
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available